Can't uninstall ewido

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by tlgordon, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlgordon

tlgordon Registered Member

I downloaded the new version on AVG 8.0 and tried to install it. It came back and said it found a version of ewido on my computer that I would have to uninstall before AVG could be installed. I had a trial version of ewido. It did not have an uninstall, so I went to my control pannel to use the add/remove programs. Though ewido shows up in my tree in exployer under programs it does not show up in my programs when I try the add/remove programs in the control pannel. It's just not there. Next I deleted ewido everywhere I could find it just using delete. But when I tried that in in the tree in explorer it said I was not allowed to do that function. Something about a .dill file. So #1 why does ewido not have an uninstall action when you get the program? #2 How do I get rid of it now so I can install the AVG 8.0?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. ianj

ianj Registered Member

Hi I the same prob no uninstall in windows add/remove no uninstall in the Start/programs/ewido folder

However, I went to the Ewido folder located in my case (probably the default) at c:\program files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0 and found an uninstall file in that folder.
    Hope this helps.
    Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.