Can't uninstall ewido

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by tlgordon, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlgordon

tlgordon Registered Member

I downloaded the new version on AVG 8.0 and tried to install it. It came back and said it found a version of ewido on my computer that I would have to uninstall before AVG could be installed. I had a trial version of ewido. It did not have an uninstall, so I went to my control pannel to use the add/remove programs. Though ewido shows up in my tree in exployer under programs it does not show up in my programs when I try the add/remove programs in the control pannel. It's just not there. Next I deleted ewido everywhere I could find it just using delete. But when I tried that in in the tree in explorer it said I was not allowed to do that function. Something about a .dill file. So #1 why does ewido not have an uninstall action when you get the program? #2 How do I get rid of it now so I can install the AVG 8.0?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. ianj

ianj Registered Member

Hi I the same prob no uninstall in windows add/remove no uninstall in the Start/programs/ewido folder

However, I went to the Ewido folder located in my case (probably the default) at c:\program files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0 and found an uninstall file in that folder.
    Hope this helps.
    Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.