Superantispyware Pro real time protection

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Threedog, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I notice in the ever changing thread about current set ups that a lot of people who have Superantispyware Pro running don't have the real time protection running. Just purely out of interest.

If you have it running....why?
    If you don't have it running....why not?

2. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Supernatispyware is excellent program. I have Pro version but i dont run it realtime....Why? Because i have several others that i use for realtime protection. I bought Pro version because i liked it and i wanted to support the company.

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

The reason is that it never caught anything. But it's probably due to my safe surfing habits.;) So I use it as on demand once in a while:)

4. Threedog

Bio Hazard....I bought it for the same reason. Good software and good support.

Antarctica....I have only had it pop up once when I was running it. During an install of Cute PDF but it was only a false positive.

Keep em coming folks!!!

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have SAS Pro and sometimes use the realtime protection, sometimes I don't. SAS is good for scanning/removing malware. I am not so sure about its realtime protection. It would be nice to see SAS tested against some real, bonafide malware in realtime to see how well the realtime protection works. In the past it seems that SAS has only been tested against simulated malware attacks, which SAS claims not to detect because it is simulated. The other SAS tests seem to focus on scanning/removal ability.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

btw the realtime protection in superantispyware is good.
    at college we got some stand alone computers and had all lesson to see how infected we could get the machines.
    to shorten a story superantispyware blocked the installation of the random dodgy trojans i downloaded as a test.
    i didnt know what the realtime protection of superantispyware was like before that.
    i genrally just run kis7.0 for realtime since i never see any malware.
    lodore

7. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I figure I'll run mine in realtime since it doesn't bog down my system, plus it gives my antivirus more spyware protection which is cool!:D

8. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

No problemo or at least i could waste a lot of time replicating screenshots of SAS intercept's in realtime versus many assorted malware but hopefully this posting will help y'all understand more.

This example was grabbed care of one of many known offending URLS on the darkside that serve up driveby infections to vulnerable setups via multiple exploits.Time to go to Pr0n land in search of cyberclap but using protection active for once;)

sas intercept.jpg

**Please note that my Execution control software(ProcessGuard) is running and active.

SAS has intercepted the malicious executable code and blocked it without a a peep from PG:thumb:

sas info.jpg

Here's VT report,widely known malware but then this site has been dishing up malware for quite sometime now;)

~removed VT result per policy~

In closing i have a massive personal collection of malwares at my disposal from my time/hobby as a malware hunter and SAS detects/blocks every last one when i execute them:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  9. TVH

TVH Registered Member

I run it in real time just to complement the spyware protection of my AV. It has no noticeable impact on my system and has saved me from having to restore from my FD-ISR backup. I reckon it is one of if not the
    best when it comes to cleaning spyware infected pc's.

10. Threedog

Hmmmmmm I think after Fcukdats post I am going to keep the real time running. I had no idea that it was that powerful. Thats partially why I started this thread, to see if it was worthwhile running or not.

Thanks for the comments so far and keep em coming.

11. Threedog

And thanks Fcukdat for the very informative show and tell post!!!!

12. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Have SAS 4 running realtime at the moment, it uses only about 400K (yes 400K). :)

Gerard

13. Threedog

I went and downloaded the 4.0.1114 version of SAS Pro and put it on too. What a difference in memory usage and scan speed.

I likey!!!

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ive got version 4.1 on vista installed today. 548k memory usage.
    scanning speed much improved.
    very impressed.
    also i like the lifetime subscription active text placed around the interface two times:D
    lodore

15. gerardwil

Any screenshot?

Gerard

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

here ya go

Attached Files:

17. gerardwil

Where is nr. 3?

18. Threedog

I like that part of it also, lodore. When I bought my licence they had a special on to get a second licence too but I wasn't sure if both were lifetime or just the one. Now I know at least one of them (mine) is. The other one is installed on my Mother's puter so when the new version goes gold I will have to install it on her computer and then I will know. She lives about 100 miles away from me so it won't be going on for a bit.

19. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

and We get 3 guesses why and the first 2 don't count :eek: :blink: ;)

20. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hi Threedog,
    acording to the superantispyware site version 4 will be distributed via the automatic update system when its gone golden.
    so its just a case of rright clicking the sys tray icon and clicking on check for updates.

lodore

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

woops i corrected my post above which now says 2 times.

22. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Somehow that statement has a really nice ring to it. :)

23. Threedog

That will be great! I can just use crossloop to update it for her and save having to take a little trip.

24. gerardwil

And that is just you should not do because you will not know when it is on the server. Otherwise you will be back on 3.9.
    Wait for any announcement made and carefully read the instructions.

Gerard

25. Threedog

No worries there. I wouldnt put anything that isn't "Gold" and that I haven't had time to run thru the gauntlet on hers.....I hate the "this little thing is popping up" phone calls. :D

I am keeping my eye on things over there and reporting on any findings I make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.