EAV v. 3.0.560 available

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marcos, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A newer EAV installer 3.0.560 is available for download from the download page. (the information on the website will be updated shortly)

- fixed problem with Outlook Express closing immediately after startup

It can be installed over the existing version. Please download and install it only if you are experiencing the aforementioned problem.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Any chance the update gets to the users automatically ?

3. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Btw. from which side US or what ?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It should be eset.com ; even though it still says 3.0.551 , the server (d1) should have 3.0.560

5. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

How does one get this update exactly? I'm using EAV 3.0.551 30 day trial on XP SP2 and I do see this problem with OE.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am not if the trial version is/will be updated , ESET Mods can say . You get the latest installer .560 and apply it over the current version :)

7. Steel

Steel Registered Member

I do it, but after downloading it says delete or repair o_O Well, i try a repair and finally it's the same Version as before. Build 551.

:thumb:

8. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Now, what to do ? I think, updating the Version (link ) is much more important then updating the info about the new installer :rolleyes:

Can we have a Link to the newest installer EAV Build 560 please ?

9. oldshep

Exact same here. I downloaded the installer from the UK website. The website said v3.0.560 o_O

10. Donald?

Donald? Registered Member

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The links in the UK site are the same as in the USA site . They both lead to download1.eset.com server

12. GAN

GAN Registered Member

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This should be the link . It contains the newest possible download

14. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Well i downloaded and installed ,after an email from tech support suggesting i try that build ( i had ekrn.exe shutting down and freezing my pc).I am most disappointed to see that after installation it ,still shows .551 version in "about" tab.Im also confused that marcos seems to suggest that only an Outlook express bug has been fixed in that build?.This is starting to become rather annoying ,confusing and more trouble than the worth.
    ellison

15. Steel

Steel Registered Member

I 've tried it again. And, after downloading it shows me Repair or Remove ? So what's going on here ? :eek:

No installing over the old one possible. :mad:

16. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You must choose Repair and this is supposed to install over the existing one (repair or upgrade to new version)

17. GAN

GAN Registered Member

The new version isn't there yet so what you been doing is to download version 3.0.551 and run the installer. Since it's the same version as you already have installed the only option given is repair and uninstall.
    The only thing you can do is to wait for 3.0.560....

18. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Something does not seem here to tune. All the same where one looks and tries, everywhere ' s gives only Build to 551.

Why doesn't ESET give us simply a left to the newest EAV and a left to the newest ESS?

Where is the problem?

Ask finally clear statements!!!

@Hitech

As I already said, bring nothing to Repair. Subsequently, the Build is still 551.

What proceeds here momentarily?

On a side the information is not correct, but the left to the new Build. On the other side nothing at all does not stand. All sides have one together, it remain always the old Build. All the same which one does.

19. oldshep

I can confirm that this fixes nothing. I downloaded the "new" installer form the UK website. The website stated "V3.0.560". After the download, I ran the installer without uninstalling 3.0.551. The installer message says uninstall or repair. I choose repair. The installer does its thing, and asks for a reboot. After reboot, EAV help, about says V3.0.551. The OE problem remains.

I can only surmise from this that the link on the UK website is still pointing to the 3.0.551 installer.

20. Steel

Steel Registered Member

@Marcos, whats going on here ?

21. laurent

laurent Registered Member

The announcement seems faster than the update

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It really doesn't matter what a site says because this is just a text , text and nothing but text . Instead of writing v3.0.560 , they can write 4.32.775 but as lonsg as the link in the background leads to v3.0.551 , the fact that it would be 4 on the site is not important .

As you all say you have downloaded again and your ESET products still say 551 , then it is obvious that you should wait until they load the new version on the servers :thumb: The link should be the same

23. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Sorry, but all this makes momentarily no professional impression.

@hightech

None speaks of wrong text. We said all already from the beginning, the Build after downloading is still the old.

Clearly we must now wait. But, the information was then evenly wrong. Why however doesn't that say anybody of ESET?

They leave us alone staying into rain, after an much to early information. I find, they have communicate with eachother ESET to ESET before posting such a info to the customer.

24. oldshep

All of your observations are now completely obvious. As they say, hindsight is 20-20. So why was this thread started and a new installer announced if no-one knows where to download it from?

25. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Thats the jumping point. It was meant good, but in the wrong order. For Hightech, sorry, this mark are appropriate you completely wrongly. Where's is the official word from Marcos ? He announced something, and his colleages don't so it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.