Failed to read firewall configuration

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JimGary, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimGary

JimGary Registered Member

Just installed RC1 on Vista Ultimate. After installation, the following error message appears: "Failed to read firewall configuration". Tried switching back and forth from automatic to Interactive mode. Security asks for password and (whether supplied manually or through Asus security manager) lets me open settings, change and save at which point I get the "Failed to read..." error msg again.

If I disable filtering, I get a warning message from Windows, re-enabling appears to make Windows happy but the Eset task bar icon still shows red.

Any suggestions for a firewall test?

2. Teazle

Teazle Registered Member

Have the same problem (failed to read), havent gotten an answer so i sent my log to betasupport, hopefully they can fix it.

But no, I don't have any suggestions, sorry.

3. RoseDreamJ

RoseDreamJ Registered Member

I've only experienced this 2-3 times in both beta 2 and RC 1. But rebooting always cleared the problem here. If it ever happens again, I plan to try just restarting the service if that can be done.

4. JimGary

JimGary Registered Member

Rebooting didn't help but uinstalling then reinstalling appears to have fixed the problem.

5. Teazle

Teazle Registered Member

still not fixed for me, a few mails back and forth with ESET and the problem seems to be put aside, hoping for a new response anytime soon... this is driving me wonka.

6. Teazle

Teazle Registered Member

Right, seems I've been struck by the dummy stick. guess i'll have to use NOD32 v3 instead, since im getting nowhere with this problem. I wish the rest of you that get this problem a good luck.

7. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

I think it is a false error. I consistently get it on Win2K Pro and have over all releases. No error msg on WinXP Pro, however.

8. Teazle

Teazle Registered Member

well... i cant change any rules, opening the rules window locks ess, cant go out of the dialog.

No filtering of trafffic
    No virus detection (for ex. EICAR)
    No full disc scan possible.

I'd say something is up..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.