ESET Outlook 2007 Plugin Problem Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JimGary, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimGary

JimGary Registered Member

Outlook 2007 recently started having a problem with the ESET plugin. Outlook reports a problem, asks if I want to disable the plugin but the disable window keeps popping up. Can't close Outlook, only way to get rid of it is to restart the OS which goes without a problem. On Outlook startup, I tried to renable, but go the same problem and have had to disable the plugin. Since then, obviously, no problem.

I say recently. I've only been running the two together for a couple of days.

2. JimGary

Follow up on above. Went into the Trust Center and re-enabled the plugin. No problems for awhile then got the usual message (screen shot attached). This time it let me hit the OK button which should have disabled it but a return to the trust center still shows the add-in as active. Didn't have to close Outlook or reboot. I expect there's some kind of memory leak and I'll see it again shortly. Perhaps the reason I didn't see it before was because I wasn't running Outlook continuously before?

Attached Files:

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

4. JimGary

Well, I've been running without a problem since the last post. Maybe the undocumented "self healing" feature (you may read about it in the upcoming, final Harry Potter) in Vista took care of it for me.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for sharing the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.