Process guard is cool but

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by TECHWG, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Process Guard is really cool, but what are you guys trying to do to beat System Safety Monitor (SSM)

SSM from my own tests beats just about every hips i have seen. Do you have plans to bring the others down and stay in the competition ? seems like new features are in short supply with pg now.

Any ideas? Cos i always likes PG, but i cant justify using it when there aer multipul things better than PG

2. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

My thoughts as well. Don't want to knock PG but it is now letting me down in areas I thought protected. I have had the same results as you with SSM.

3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Yes with extreamly powerful HIPS like SSM (http://syssafety.com/) and my personal favorite which is Pro Security (www.proactive-hips.com). They offer so much more protection than PG now, PG was good and solid but i feel the people need to work on making it infalible and adding all these cool options that they are sadly lacking. I actually know the developer of Prosecurity and help test and suggest for him, and i know he has a few little things in store but i dont know what they are :) i cant wait for these future versions

PG team lets get you upto par on this race ok ?

4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Hi TECHWG

Just come across another thread here on Wilders about Pro Security. Perhaps you could give some informaton there please.

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

ok thanks i will

6. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

ok i made a post on that page you posted on thanks :D

7. Salamander

Salamander Registered Member

I have NOD32 AV, Outpost Pro 4 firewall, and SpySweeper AntiSpyware. Does ProSecurity play nice with these? If I got ProSecurity and Spyware Blaster, could I get by without SpySweeper?

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think PG need adavanced rules plus registry protection and then it will come back otherwise I don,t think that u can prefer it over other HIPs like SSM anymore.

9. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Somehow for me, Process Guard free is more stable than SSM free.
    SSM has showed me some more information and I want to make it more stable, but if not I am back to installing PG.
    Talking only about free versions and people's computers are different.
    I like them both. Very wary of using this and that new software.

Running PG free it is more solid, my computer, than without it.
    Just my humble opinion.

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have PG and KAV so I have the registry protection in KAV's PAD. The two complement each other very nicely. I haven't had any conflicts.

11. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Perhaps, but i would if i were you disable realtime protection in spysweeper, and run that as a on demand app . . ProSecurity is a very nice product and the developer him self will do his best to help you and fix bugs ASAP. H frequents this forum so you maybe could ask him a question either on here or preferably on the ProSecurity forum at www.proactive-hips.com/forum

He will have more compatability info for you.
    also please refer to this thread
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152297

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's post here any items to do with Pro Security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.