Trend Micro 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chrisjackson1985, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisjackson1985

chrisjackson1985 Former Poster

hi,

well well well, the latest trend micro internet security is finally out of beta, and.......

is this normal, the new trend 2007 passed all 19 leaktests.

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php

no other comes close, even kis6

and please let me state, trend 2007 deleted them before i could actually run the leaktests.

it has also passed all stealth tests i can find etc etc including shields up.

i am sooooo amazed, i would like a PROFESSIONAL to test the latest trend or other users,

your opinions please.

--------
    here is a link to the tests i performed from firewallleaktester

http://rapidshare.de/files/34218044/leaktests.rar.html

edit: enter TMPROTECT for 15% off an already extremly low price suite.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2006
  2. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

:D cooolllllllll

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if it deleted the leaktests how would u know the firewall genuinely passed teh leaktests?

4. chrisjackson1985

hi, i dont class myself as a professional at this sort of thing but......

ive tried the tests with other suites, i tend to go for the suites over stand-a-lone software, and ive never had one that passes all.

infact, most ive tried fail quite alot, and i would rather it deleted it, than let me run it and leak out stuff to naughty people.

is there anything else i can test it on?

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well i personally see a difference between deleting leaktests and passing leaktests.

anyways, have u tried the pcflank leaktest?

6. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

is she bulkyo_O I'ts my fav suite but im so used to Antivir now which is better u think?? Btw i just use windows firewall but not sure of the new 2007 detection and if it slows you down MD

7. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Yes, she is very "bulky" indeed. Memory usage can be anything from 100 megs to 200 megs. And this is normal, according their support personnel. UI is pretty nice and suite has some nice bells and whistles.

About leaktests, TMIS 2007 just deletes the leaktest files (via AV-signatures).
    So in this case, NO leaktests were done. :p

8. chrisjackson1985

hello, i turned off the antivirus and antispyware from the trend 2007 and ran all the leaktests (please note, the antivirus etc would have already found something in these files to delete them already, something which other av companys have NOT done)

here are the results:

test 1 - PASSED
    test 2 - PASSED
    test 3 - PASSED
    test 4 - PASSED
    test 5 - PASSED
    test 6 - PASSED
    test 7 - PASSED
    test 8 - PASSED
    test 9 - PASSED
    test 10 - PASSED
    test 11 - PASSED
    test 12 - PASSED
    test 13 - PASSED
    test 14 - PASSED
    test 15 - PASSED
    test 16 - PASSED
    test 17 - FAILED
    test 18 - PASSED
    test 19 - FAILED

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php

hope this helps, its an interesting read compared to the other av companys when tried the tests.

my favourite and most important find with this was the pcaudit test, the 1st one which when tried with bitdefender / kaspersky AND f-secure, sent a screeshot of my desktop etc to the email i typed in, trend 2007 actually blocked this, i COULDNT BELIEVE IT.

here is the link to some screenshots during the tests,

http://rapidshare.de/files/34266607/leaking_tests.rar.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    conclusion:

firewall - better than all the others tested in the 2007 range
    antivirus - by far the best, only antivirus to notice spyware / trjoans in the leaktests and delete them before operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

this software does use alot more of the ram but... if your machine can handle this, as mine can, its by far the best suite available.

* as to the comment above, yes its bulky as its a 90mb+ installation and uses alot more ram, but it does NOT slow down surfing or your computer, even with everything turned up to the max, hope this helps.

definatly :thumb: for me.

this is my review and opinion on the related software, hopefully i have given credible sources of fact, but i would love any comments / opinions or more reviews if possible.

thank you,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Maybe Big C could give it a spin? :D

10. chrisjackson1985

eh, i dont understand?

should i ? :eek:

any other reviews or comments? :D

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I do have a licensed 2007 TMIS. I tried it and took it out of my computer. I have 2gb of ram but I didn't buy the ram just so a program like TMIS 2007 could eat it up like there was no tomorrow. There are to many equal or better Suites available that don't consume such vast quantities of memory. In my opinion there is no excuse for an app to use as much ram as TMIS does They have had this problem for several versions. And instead of fixing it thay actually made it worse. If you don't mind giving away that many resources give it a try but I won't.

bigc

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I really don't see a point of AVs detecting programs that are suppose to test firewalls. It's just plain stupid.

13. chrisjackson1985

i agree that ram is an issue as i mentioned it in my review but, dont you have 2gb of ram but dont want to use 150 ish to run trend, worried about running out soon? :eek:

also mcafee also detects spyware and trojans in the leaktests, maybe your worry should be why others havnt and have let you open them only to tell you after you have opened it that maybe its doing something it shouldnt....

17 out of 19 passed without any antivirus and antispyware turned on is a big result

14. bigc73542

TMIS 2007 uses way more than 150 mbs. TMProxy alone uses almost 100mb's by it self. And if you add all of the modules together it is way beyond what an app like that should ever use.

15. chrisjackson1985

i use the software and according to the memory optizimer on advanced system optizimer, the software uses

please note i have everything turned up to the max:

memory remaining with trend: 760mb
    memory remaining without : 895mb

135mb trend uses.

but with people with 1gb ram or 2gb as stated previously, this is nothing.

and trend uses this ram well, as it slows no browsing or pc functions, even while scanning, surfing remains fast.

i dont think its too high for such a good suite.

and for £26 GBP for 3 licences instead of £40 for 1 licence with kaspersky ...

16. bigc73542

Like I have always said. if you like this software that is great. I hope it serves you well but this App won't be put back on my machine again. I have better protection now with just a fraction of the resource usage. I have been testing av products to long to think that this is an acceptable amount of memory usage. Just the mail scanner in TMIS uses more memory than the four apps I am running now for security. AV/AS/FW/spam control

17. chrisjackson1985

no problem, sorry to hear you hate the ram issue.

but disregarding the 135mb ram usage compared to 10-60mb ish of others, how do you rate the new 2007?

18. bigc73542

If it wasn't for the memory issue, I would probably run it for a while. The Gui is better than the old one, at least to me. and it is easy to navigate the settings, but with the issues at hand I will use what I have now and possibly they will fix the TMproxy issue eventually.

bigc

And the thing is that you seem to be running 135 mbs with TMIS. But all others I have discussed this with including TM support. 70/100 mb's is normal just for TMproxy and all modules combined can run up to 300 mb's. not everyone is having as low a memory usage with trend as you are. You are fortunate.

19. chrisjackson1985

if you had a scan running with full settings and outlook express open with their anti spam toolbar running, you might hit 200mb but that would be the max limit i think.

it uses about 40mb more than panda did on mine, but panda slowed down surfing and pc performance and trend does neither, maybe it uses the ram to speed up performance, i notice no difference in surfing / pc performance or even boot times.

but like i said, if your machine can handle the ram... this is definatly the best suite out there, majoraly improved and £26 for a 3 pc licence, i still cannot believe it, i thought 2006 was good but lacked a bit of style / a great firewall and a rootkit detecter, the 2007 version have improved on all of these AND lowered the price to a very cheap one.

20. Saw11_2000

Saw11_2000 Registered Member

I am extremely impressed with TMIS 2007.

About the RAM issue, it is quite a bit of RAM, but...I have 1GB and I'm not too worried about it. Perhaps their code isn't optimized, but I won't complain for now. I have Outlook mail scanning disabled, so that might be adding quite a bit more RAM usage to you bigc.

21. chrisjackson1985

yes ... if your computer can handle the ram issue, its the best suite out there.

your machine is running super though i bet?
    no slow downs or nothing... i think this is how it is using the ram, to make no slow downs etc etc.

how can other vendors use less ram yet drag down the system and browsing / boot speeds, seems all strange to me.

firewall - 17 of the 19 passed leaktests, more than any other on the chart.
    antivirus - well, we know thats amazing.

http://www.malware-test.com/antispyware.html

apparently the spyware module is pretty good too, :D

but to me, the price is now the best thing, £26 GBP for 3-pc licence :eek:

and its nice to see someone giving it a go, people seem to be just kaspersky on here, but when they try this.... the quality & price beats kaspersky, definalty.

22. Saw11_2000

The good for three PCs license is new this year. Trend is really setting itself up to be the best.

When they get around to it, they can optimize their RAM...(might be never.)

Overall, I can't really complain about anything, although their new "File Vault" on TrendSecure's Website isn't working. Of course, it's a beta, so I expect that.

23. Saw11_2000

Yes, my computer runs super fast.

24. Saw11_2000

Actually, Trend Micro Anti-spyware isn't included in Trend Micro Internet Security, unless they finally combined them this year.

In the 2005, and 2006 versions of TMIS, they didn't use TMAS, and the anti-spyware modules in TMIS, well, sucked. It took about 3 seconds to scan your entire computer.

I sure hope they put TMAS into TMIS.

25. chrisjackson1985

seems to work for me, nice way to keep files very safe.

also, unlock and lock from a different computer it says, wow. :eek:

im still not sure how to use it though, i can click unlock and when i click LOCK it asks for my password and then says STOLEN.

im sure i will firgure out how to use it soon

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      141.7 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.