Trend Micro 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chrisjackson1985, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saw11_2000

Saw11_2000 Registered Member

You might have the "bad build" that doesn't work at all.

I'm being instructed to reinstall TMIS 2007...although I expect this since I am a beta tester.

2. chrisjackson1985

chrisjackson1985 Former Poster

no, mine works ... i just dont know how to use it.

i can log in, enter passwords etc etc

i can lock / unlock the safe folder from a remote location, ive just been reading up on the software and it says:

- i can lock it or open it from a remote computer
    - any file enter into the safe folder gets encrypted for extra protection

do you know anything else about the remote file lock?

EDIT: doesnt matter, i un-installed it ... as i dont really need to encrypt files from a difference computer etc etc

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi everyone i installed TMIS 2007 stopped me heaps from installing crap and sites its great but its using alot of cpuo_O when i scan its the quietest strange.. thought it would be worst infact pc works better quiter whilst scanning lol......... the build is 15001329 any advice here thanks MD

4. Saw11_2000

Saw11_2000 Registered Member

Uninstall, run CCleaner, reinstall, and defragment?

My suggestion anyways. :)

5. chrisjackson1985

definatly as above if your cpu is going crazy, thats one thing it doesnt do.

even when scanning it wont even go over 50% of the cpu, usually about 10 - 20%

check your machine / defrag / maybe run a registry fixer or some kind, dont really know. :rolleyes:

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Yep, even with the problem I had with memory I never had any cpu issues with it.

7. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

ok ill try again defrag...i use ccleaner all the time..Would it be the script thing in TMIS or anything i need to disable to make it better defeats point though really.... Ok try again thanx MD

8. chrisjackson1985

definatly not ...

the new ... or even old trends, use very very little cpu usage

9. austin1257

austin1257 Infrequent Poster

This version has their latest version of antispyware 3.5 I think. This is one of the best at detecting spyware. It has the old SpySubtract Venus Spy Trap module.

10. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Why has trend asked to be removed from the av-comparatives testing site? the last result they had there in Aug 2005 showed they were a decent product, not as good in detection rates as the better av's, but still not too bad, in that test they were comparable to AntiVir. Now in the latest test AntiVir is rated #1 but most people don't know what trend is rated. Did their detection rates improve? My guess is that they probably stayed about the same as what they were. Please if you know give us some Information about their detection rates

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2006
  11. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

well here we go,more i visit security sites the more i find people with top notch cpu's having mem problem..
    well luckily it works well here and good to know that its doing very well with leak tests..
    i think the proactive defense is the star of the show in the version of pc-cillin..

12. bigc73542

The funny part is that I do have a powerful computer that is just two months old. And the only program I have or have trialed that even phased my memory (2gb) Has been TMIS 2007. I don't need much more than that to tell me that they have a severe problem with their software.

13. chrisjackson1985

all that memory usage but machine runs extremly fast, i think this is how it uses the memory, have can software which only uses 20mb of the resources, slow browsing / boot up times etc etc, yet trend which uses 150 ish, nothing is efected, i can only think ... that it uses the memory well.

i would like to see trend back on the av comparatives, would be interesting indeed :)

14. bigc73542

I don't take high memory usage by a security app as a sign of efficency, I take it as a sign of bad coding :thumb:

15. chrisjackson1985

hmm...

but, what if it isnt an error?

what if they intend to use more memory to stop any slow downs, as the machine does run super quick, or is this impossble?

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, then why other security apps run as fast if not faster with just 20-25MB memory usage?

17. IBK

IBK AV Expert

TrendMicro gained "only" Standard, which is for them not good enough (bad for their marketing). So they prefered to do not take part in the tests. In February 2006 they did not send me the permission to test their product and to make the results public, so they could not be included. I HOPE and will continue to invite them to participate - if they give me their OK to test them AND to PUBLISH the results, they will be again included in the test-series of 2007 and we will all know how they score compared to others.

18. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Re: Best Internet Suites

I was asking anyone who uses it lol.

I dont trust tread micro for an av because they to big of a companie and the ram usage is meggggggggggggga.

since i havent got infected in like two years except one little thing.

ill probaly use kav and look n stop as my real time only and use ondemand antispyware.

bitdefender processes im quite interested in.

I have always knida liked bitdefender.

im going for seprates.

probaly what i said above.

but the av could change but probaly wont.

19. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

i was trying to make a point to chris who claimed your test were biased to favor Kaspersky, i know that past tests proved they were way behind Kaspersky, Nod32, etc..., perhaps they have improved now, anything is possible. but he claims trend is the greatest product ever according to what he writes in all his posts, and again it may have improved i do not know, the only thing i know is that the one time i had it installed in my computer it was conflicting with something and the only way to repair was to reformat system.

20. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I think tread micro being a big companie arent that good and since it would only get standard they where ashamed to put in in the test.

I have heard good things about there antispyware thou.

since im going on the light aproach then suites are out.

21. chrisjackson1985

yes i have no problem answering for you.... based on trend

it uses 6 processes

tmproxy 77mb
    pcscnsrv 23mb
    pcctlcom 19mb
    tmpfw 8mb
    pccguide 7mb
    tmntsrv 4mb

i think those are all trend, aint too sure. :doubt:

22. lodore

lodore Registered Member

77mb holy cow!!

most av's use two processes now.

except the ones i said in other thread

23. chrisjackson1985

yep its a lot of ram, i do not deny this....

but 140mb for people who have 1gb rams and 2gb rams is absoluty nothing, trend slows down the pc is NO WAY.

i think this is the reason that amount memory is used, to provide no slow downs in boot times / performance speeds and response and surfing speeds, all remain same.

if i get some information on the matter, of course you know i will post it *hehe* :D

----------------
    as for bitdefender, isnt it like kaspersky in ram usage.
    i remember noting this down:

kaspersky suite - 936mb free
    trend micro 2007 suite - 797mb free

24. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ok thats ok for kaspersky.

i got f-secure which uses lots of processes and lots of memory useage.

so im looking for lighter solution

25. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I can't say if they were ashamed, but they were certainly not getting high marks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.