TI 9 Home build 3666 error E0070020

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rwycoff, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwycoff

Rwycoff Registered Member

WinXPPro SP2 on C: - two physical drives - backup to D:

I have 20GB used on a Maxtor 6Y160P0 160GB that I imaged to my 80GB D: drive.

The image is corrupt with the E0070020 error code. This is an upgrade from TI8; I uninstalled TI8 before I installed TI9.

I searched this forum for E0070020 and didn't get a hit. What does this mean? I have 4 *.tib files and I select the first one to run the verify.

Thanks,
    Robert

2. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

My latest image would not verify either (build 3677) and i got the same exact error E0070020. I will try it again and see what happens. BTW, I am just imaging to an external USB drive.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This is a typical code when an image is corrupt. Search for 0x70020 and you will get lots of hits.

As a first step, run chkdsk X: /r on all your partitions. Substitute the drive letter of the partition being tested for X. Reboot is required for C.

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rwycoff,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if you created the image archive that verifies as corrupted with Acronis True Image 8.0 or with Acronis True Image 9.0 Home?

Please download the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Then create a new bootable CD with this build. After that try to validate the image archives using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Archive) of Acronis True Image both in Windows and when booted from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Bootable CD created with the latest build 3677 and let us know the exact check-out result?

Could you please clarify if this 4 files is independent backup archives or you split the backup to these 4 files with help of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home? If it is separate backup archives please try to validate all of them using Validate Archive tool (both in Windows and using bootable CD of Acronis True Image 9.0) and let us know the exact check-out result.

Please also:

- Create a new image archive when Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (build 3677) is running from under Windows and then validate this image when Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Let us know the results;

- Create a new image archive when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and then validate this image both when Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (build 3677) is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Let us know the results;

Please perform tests suggested by Menorcaman and inform us about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. irvdk

irvdk Registered Member

I also upgraded from TI 8 to TI 9. I had been using TI 8 for a year now, and have always backed up the same way, to the same drive twice a month without a problem.

Now when I try to verify the backup I get an 'error code E00070020 the archieve is corrupted'. I have tried it three times with the same results.

I am running build 3677.

I have run Chkdsk C: /r and ran a new back up to my external 80gig USB drive. I continue to get the same error message.

Thanks,
    Irv

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  7. Acronis Support

Hello irvdk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please tell us whether you use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to create backups running in rescue mode (bootable CD) or in Windows? Please also try to create a new backup and store it to your internal hard drive rather that to external USB one after that validate the backup (Tool -> Validate Archive) both in Windows and when running in rescue mode and let us know the exact check-out result.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. irvdk

irvdk Registered Member

Thank you for the response.
    I am using the Acronis True Image 9.3677 Home Edition. I normally back up with the Windows Interface, to this external HD with no problem.

"Please also try to create a new backup and store it to your internal hard drive rather then to external USB one after that validate the backup."

I backed up the E: partition to the C: drive and verified it and everything worked fine.

I have just bought a DVD D/L drive and would like to be able to back up to that also, but have not found the directions to do that. I did not want to attempt that yet as the disk are so expensive I did not want to waste them.

Thanks,
    Irv

9. irvdk

irvdk Registered Member

TI 8 to 9 causes errors

I am trying to get some help, but the thread seemed to get lost in the maze! Could someone give me some help?

I upgraded from TI 8 to TI 9. I had been using TI 8 for a year now, and have always backed up the same way, to the same external USB drive twice a month without a problem.

Now when I try to verify the backup I get an 'error code E00070020 the archieve is corrupted'. I have tried it three times with the same results.

I am running build 3677.

I have run Chkdsk C: /r and ran a new back up to my external 80gig USB drive. I continue to get the same error message.

Previous Reply:
    Could you please tell us whether you use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to create backups running in rescue mode (bootable CD) or in Windows? Please also try to create a new backup and store it to your internal hard drive rather that to external USB one after that validate the backup (Tool -> Validate Archive) both in Windows and when running in rescue mode and let us know the exact check-out result.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

I answered him, but did not get a response. Here is the answer:

I am using the Acronis True Image 9.3677 Home Edition. I normally back up with the Windows Interface, to this external HD with no problem.

"Please also try to create a new backup and store it to your internal hard drive rather then to external USB one after that validate the backup."

I backed up the E: partition to the C: drive and verified it and everything worked fine.

I have just bought a DVD D/L drive and would like to be able to back up to that also, but have not found the directions to do that. I did not want to attempt that yet as the disk are so expensive I did not want to waste them.

Thanks,
    Irv

10. Acronis Support

Hello irvdk,

Since you were able to backup and then validate the image archive successfully and the previous backups were created without errors it is looks like that the old images were damaged somehow. Also since you were able to back up/validate to internal hard drive successfully and got error message when tried to validate backup stored on the USB drive the issue might be related to the Windows USB drivers, therefore, please try to reinstall the USB drivers. You can also try to use a FireWire cable instead of the USB one, if it is possible.

Please note that back up to DVD disks performs the same way as backup to hard drive for example. You simply need to select the DVD drive as a image archive location instead of hard drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. irvdk

irvdk Registered Member

I reinstalled the USB drivers. I then tried to backup C drive to the USB drive as I normally would. It backed up fine. I then tried to verify the backup and got the same error message.

It would seem to me that its something in the 9.0 software that doesn't like the USB drive, as it worked perfectly with TI 8.

I do not have a Firewire to try.

Is it possible to call Acronis directly and get some real time help?

Thanks Irv

12. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

I was having problems with slow backup times to both usb and another disk drive. As it turned out all I had to do was update to the latest acronis drivers and everything worked great after that. As a side effect all images verified fine after the driver update. The driver update is available as a separate download. Using the recovery CD I had to use the acpi=no noapic kernel options to get everything working correctly. Hope that helps.

13. irvdk

irvdk Registered Member

Thanks for the info. How do you update the drivers and where do you get them?

14. Rwycoff

I tried your suggestions and I still can't get a good image copy. One concern I have is that I can't seem to get a clean chkdsk on the drive. I've attached the TI9 log which shows the error and I've also attached a file that shows the chksum runs I've made. I noticed on one of my other XP computers that I also have the same chkdsk problem.

I don't know what else to try.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="3677" product="Acronis*True*Image*Home" uuid="01687E2C-DE69-4F19-8EDA-E129D23D1909" version="9.0">
    <event code="2" id="1" message="The &quot;Current check operation&quot; operation started" module="100" time="1152454741" type="2" />
    <event code="504" id="2" message="Pending operation 3 started: &quot;Verifying backup archive&quot;" module="1" time="1152454741" type="2" />
    <event code="32" id="3" message="
    The archive is corrupted: None" module="7" time="1152454748" type="4" />
    <event code="32" id="4" message="
    The archive is corrupted: None: User replied: oK" module="7" time="1152454751" type="2" />
    <event code="502" id="5" message="Operation with partition &quot;0-0&quot; was terminated.
    Details:
    &lt;indent>Image corrupted (0x70020)
    Tag = 0x0&lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1152454752" type="4" />
    <event code="5" id="6" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1152454752" type="4" />
    </log>

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Robert>chkdsk
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is 6Y160P0-XP.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
    Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
    File verification completed.
    CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
    Index verification completed.
    CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    Correcting errors in the Master File Table (MFT) mirror.
    Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
    Windows found problems with the file system.
    Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

160079660 KB total disk space.
    19059092 KB in 105099 files.
    33804 KB in 5367 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    198092 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    140788672 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    40019915 total allocation units on disk.
    35197168 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Documents and Settings\Robert>chkdsk /f
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) y

This volume will be checked the next time the system restarts.

C:\Documents and Settings\Robert>

CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.

19062696 KB in 105051 files.
    33792 KB in 5367 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    140785080 KB available on disk.

35196270 allocation units available on disk.

Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.

21601796 KB in 115083 files.
    36536 KB in 5677 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    138243236 KB available on disk.

34560809 allocation units available on disk.

15. Acronis Support

Hello irvdk,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I have merged another thread you have started concerning the same issue into this one. Please try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future as it makes us as well as other forum members do a double work sometimes.

Since you also submitted a request to Acronis Support Team I will reply you via e-mail with the further instructions.

Please note that we do provide phone support, however this option is paid. If you wish to resolve your problem via phone, please visit Acronis on-line store regarding the purchase of phone priority support.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

16. Acronis Support

Hello Rwycoff,

Please have a look at this article by Microsoft regarding check disk utility. Also this article might be useful.

Could you please answer the question from the post#5 and provide us with the results of the test I have asked you to perform there? This information would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

17. Rwycoff

Here are the answers to your questions:

18. Acronis Support

Hello Rwycoff,

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please run check disk utility with the following parameters:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)

- Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r"

where DISK is the partition letter you need to check. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine. Please check both drives: C and D.

Could you please try to create a new image and store it another hard drive (not to D)? Then validate the image both when running Acronis True Image 9.0 Home under Windows and when booted from bootable CD and see if the issue persists.

Please copy the image archive that verifies as corrupted from D drive to C drive and then compare MD5 value of both files. In order to do this please:

- Download the eXpress CheckSum Calculator and unpack the archive;

- Run the application;

- Browse for the file and click Start to calculate the checksums;

- Compare a certain checksum (e.g. MD5) with that of the original to make sure the files are identical.

Please also clarify if the second hard drive ("80GB D: drive") is external or local drive. What is the filesystem of this hard drive?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.