Dufus needs HELP!! with Spyblaster v.3.5.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by top4fish, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. top4fish

top4fish Registered Member

I'm new to forums so please forgive if I am posting incorrectly. I tried to update to the newest version 3.5.1 last night, and successfully downloaded it from the coral-something site (after removing the version I had). (In case it matters, I have Windows ME). I thought it would automatically install it, but it didn't and then I was unsure what to do when I had to choose between open or save to my computer. I chose "open", but then I remembered how many things I've screwed up by just choosing any old program to open something so I just cancelled it. I then read some of the posts on this site that discussed some of problems with the new version (such as freezing the computer or problems with Outlook) and decided I should have disabled Norton internet security before I downloaded and that I should delete the downloaded version as suggested by one of the posters before I tried to download with Norton disabled. Then I couldn't find the download in my computer (don't know if I looked in the right place and now I'm not even sure where all I looked--I think one of the places I looked was the temporary folder and I didn't see it). So I need to know (1) how do I find the download in my computer? (2)or is it not even there because I clicked "open" instead of "save" after I downloaded it and (3)when I retry downloading the new version again, how do I install it? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice!!! o_O

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

You should be able to find it by going to start-search-files or folders and put the name of the file in. When downloading a new file click on the file to download and save as usually to your desktop where it`s easy to find. Then just double click the exe file and follow the instuctions. Hope this`ll help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.