Dufus needs HELP!! with Spyblaster v.3.5.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by top4fish, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. top4fish

top4fish Registered Member

I'm new to forums so please forgive if I am posting incorrectly. I tried to update to the newest version 3.5.1 last night, and successfully downloaded it from the coral-something site (after removing the version I had). (In case it matters, I have Windows ME). I thought it would automatically install it, but it didn't and then I was unsure what to do when I had to choose between open or save to my computer. I chose "open", but then I remembered how many things I've screwed up by just choosing any old program to open something so I just cancelled it. I then read some of the posts on this site that discussed some of problems with the new version (such as freezing the computer or problems with Outlook) and decided I should have disabled Norton internet security before I downloaded and that I should delete the downloaded version as suggested by one of the posters before I tried to download with Norton disabled. Then I couldn't find the download in my computer (don't know if I looked in the right place and now I'm not even sure where all I looked--I think one of the places I looked was the temporary folder and I didn't see it). So I need to know (1) how do I find the download in my computer? (2)or is it not even there because I clicked "open" instead of "save" after I downloaded it and (3)when I retry downloading the new version again, how do I install it? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice!!! o_O

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

You should be able to find it by going to start-search-files or folders and put the name of the file in. When downloading a new file click on the file to download and save as usually to your desktop where it`s easy to find. Then just double click the exe file and follow the instuctions. Hope this`ll help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.