UPDATE: Port Explorer v2.11 released!

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

This is just a minor update from v2.10 to correct a couple of issues found with last months v2.10 release - thanks everyone for their feedback for helping us find these. :)
    As with all our updates this one is free.

DOWNLOAD:
    Please note that you will need to uninstall and reboot before installing this (due to changes in dcsws2.dll).
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/downloads/pesetup.exe (1.03mb)

Changes in this update:
    - Corrected an issue which was preventing Port Explorer from loading under some environments.
    - Enhanced the internal address resolving system, reduced redundant resolves, and also should fix a condition where some users experienced 100% CPU during certain events.
    - Mutex/Shared Section adjustment which should fix an issue of the GUI freezing on some systems under certain conditions.
    - A few other minor internal fixes and enhancements.

Enjoy! :)

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks Wayne ! :D

3. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Wayne,
    Does this update fix the memory leak yet ?
    (that was a fairly major issue for me at least)

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Good work! ;)

Thanks

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

gottadoit: thinkso, let us know ? :)

6. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Gavin,
    Thanks for replying, I'll give it a try but it takes as while for it to become noticable (unless I leave a page constantly refreshing to something relatively local like my router and that was what part of what triggered the 100% CPU usage previously)

7. GreenWhite

GreenWhite Registered Member

First of all, thanks for the update. I've just installed the new version and unfortunately am having problem with crash or something. Application error event id:1000.

This only happens if I log in as a limited user. In admin I'm okay.

By the way I didn't have this kind of a problem with 2.100

Thanks.

8. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

gottadoit, yes we believe we've fixed that one as although we weren't able to recreate it we did find out where it's probably occurring, and made some enhancements accordingly.

GreenWhite,
    Did you install Port Explorer under the limited user account or as an administrator? And did you uninstall and reboot before installing the 2.11 update?

9. GreenWhite

Hi Wayne,

Yes I installed under admin. I did as instructed, uninstalled the previous version, reboot and installed the new one (2.110).

10. GreenWhite

By the way, I manage to workaround the problem by allowing the limited user account the authority to modify and write under Port Explorer folder in the Program Files. I think it had something to do with the Process Log.

11. Hagbard

Hagbard Registered Member

It didn't work when I installed v2.11 under my "old" Windows configuration (or messup :doubt: ).

I decided to install XP SP2 and lo and behold PE is working again. Might have done the trick for 2.10 too but I won't complain. (Although now another program isn't working that worked under SP1, I guess I can't really win).

12. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I'm still using version 2.000 because I read reports of crashes with version 2.100. Is anyone still crashing with the latest version? If it is stable I'll install it.

Dave

13. GreenWhite

So far no crashes with 2.11. I think it is stable enough.

14. hawat

hawat Guest

same problem i m also using sp1 and i cant switch to sp2 because some of my programs wont run as expected with this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.