Desktop Shortcuts Deleted!

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by DavidZone9, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidZone9

DavidZone9 Guest

Yesterday, I downloaded and ran MRU-Blaster for the first time with no problems. If Javacool could add cleaning of the History index.dat files to this program, I thought, it would really be wonderful. :)

But today I ran MRU-Blaster again and all of my desktop shortcuts abruptly disappeared! I looked in my Windows/Desktop folder and, sure enough, all of my desktop shortcuts had been deleted from the folder! What gives? :mad:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Could you please post more details about your system?

I've had a few reports of this before, but I can't seem to duplicate it (it certainly isn't a built-in feature). It may have something to do with cleaning the Temporary Internet Files on certain systems - again, more details may help.

TIA. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. DavidZone9

DavidZone9 Guest

Win95, IE5.5sp2, ZoneAlarm, POW

Both times that I ran it (with no problems and with deletion of my shortcuts) I had both plugins (Cookies & Temp Internet Files) enabled. Other than the shortcut deletion, I haven't noticed any other problematic results.

Having recreated all of my (40) shortcuts, I may copy them somewhere (for easy restoration) and experiment with MRU-Blaster some more. Like I mentioned, though, it could be a far niftier program if it cleaned the History index.dat files, as well. (Hint, hint)

4. DavidZone9

DavidZone9 Guest

Since my last posting here, I have run MRU-Blaster twice, with the two plugins (Cookies & TIF) turned OFF, without incident. While doing so, I noticed three items that my MRU-Blaster is not clearing out, and which you may want to add to its list:

ACDSee: Copy\Move To destination folder history
    HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\HistMCFDestFolder

ACDSee: Folders global history
    HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\HistPaths

ACDSee: Last opened folder
    HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\OpenFolder=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.