I used today acronis true image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mantra, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

yes i read , but i can't every every every time controll the program!!!!

i need a software that works ,stop !
    i update only my nod32! :D

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I'm not sure I understand what you say, mantra.

BUT, I believe build 2323 solved some "bugs" for many people, I know they solved the ones I had before and tested -- others I haven't tested yet.

It really would be easier to help you with the latest build 2323 installed -- I think Menorcaman will agree. I don't just say so because "it's nice" to have latest build, but I think big improvements may have happened when 2323 was issued.

If you have Menorcaman helping you, you are in GOOD hands !

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

yes i can understand ,crofttk , but i swear with the build that i tried i found that bug.
    by the wat is there a history of the builds??

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Menorcaman
    i don't joke , i tell u what i did
    ok i used not the last build ok but....

i did a image (backup.tib) using the cd-boot
    reboot my pc , ran xp .....
    reboot with the cd-boot
    remake an image!
    i cilick on the same file backup.tib , the same image file , to overwrite
    TI9 asked me (what do u want to do ? an icremental/differential or a new image)
    i answer NEW IMAGE
    Ti9 did a second file backup2.tib , with the same size!
    so i had 2 files backup.tib (for example 3 giga ) and backup.tib ( for example 3 giga)
    i delete the backup.tib
    i tried to restore the file ....
    ti9 starts to restore my image.....to do this ti9 needs 1 second!
    at the reboot , i found ti9 delete the 1 first partition :D :D :D

bye the way i did a initial question about the place in the hardisk where Ti9 stores the files .....i did not get answer :doubt: :doubt:

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Here is what I found:
    Code:
    Acronis True Image 9.0 Upgrade

2005-12-05 Build #2323:

Acronis Secure Zone fixes 
    GUI fixes 
    Snap Restore fixes 
    Help system fixes 
    File-level backup fixes
    Download this build 

2005-10-28 Build #2302:

GUI fixes 
    Better hardware support 
    Snap restore fixes 
    Acronis Secure Zone fixes 
    File back up fixes 
    Back up to DVD discs fixes
    Download this build 

2005-10-13 Build #2289:

File filter working fixes 
    Better hardware support 
    Restore file from file archive fixes 
    Acronis Secure Zone working fixes 
    System restore wizard fixes 
    GUI fixes 
    Startup Recovery Manager fixes
    Download this build 

2005-10-03 Build #2277:

Better hardware support 
    GUI fixes 
    File backup fixes 
    Differential backup fixes 

I found it at this link: https://www.acronis.com/my/products/updates.html?product=2231 which I believe you'll have to be logged in to access.

As you can see, and others already know, you won't see details of each "bug", only a general description of the class of changes.:(

6. mantra

mantra Registered Member

crofttk THanks really really
    but i haven't bought ti9 ,i bought ghost 9 ,so i don't know if i can log in!
    i think to log in , i should buy it , and use the serial to log in:mad:

but thanks

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

You said TI9 created a second file called "backup2.tib" and then go on to say that you had 2 files "backup.tib" and "backup.tib". Did you in fact mean to say that you had 2 files "backup.tib" and "backup2.tib"? If this is the case then, despite what you have said, you must have inadvertently selected the option to create an incremental the second time that you created an image. This is the only way that TI would have added the "2" to the end of the original filename.

If what I've said is correct then this would have just left the backup2.tib file.

If my assumption is correct then I'm not surprised as TI would need both the full image (backup.tib) and the incremental (backup2.tib) in order to restore correctly.

Regards

8. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i understood but Menorcaman
    the 2 files have the same size ! identical size
    so i thinks i had not select incremental

9. Menorcaman

Hello mantra,

You haven't said which build you are currently using other than it's not build 2323. Be aware that early builds of TI 9 contained a bug that caused the first incremental immediately after a full image to be the same size. See this previous thread titled <I don't Understand...Why?>.

Regards

10. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks!
    i use the buggy version:oops: :mad: :mad:

i think TI9 should have a internal update module! like ghost

Menorcaman i think u are an expert, are you a Acronis Disk Director Suite user ?

11. Menorcaman

Hi mantra,

Yes I am but I've only used it two or three times and therefore haven't built up any detailed knowledge :).

Regards

12. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks i know i'm offtopic but i would like to do only a question
    is really able to repair partitions without loosing data? does it really work ?

13. Menorcaman

I'm afraid I can't answer that as I've only used it to non-destructively change partitions layouts and cluster sizes. However, I'm sure if you ask your question in the <Acronis Disk Director Suite Forum> you will receive your answer.

Regards

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mantra,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.0 creates sector-by-sector images only in case of the corrupted or unsupported file system. It therefore does not restore files to the exactly same sectors they were residing at the moment you have created an image. However, it does not affect operating system functionality in any way.

If you encounter any other problems while using Acronis True Image 9.0 then first of all please make sure that you use the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0.

In case you have already purchased the software, you can always download the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 from the Product Updates section of our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If you use the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 then just re-download it from our web site. It will be build 2323.

Please note that you should uninstall any previously installed build prior to installing build 2323.

Please also create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If any of the problems still persist with the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please feel free to submit a request for technical support or report them on this forum starting the new thread for each separate issue. We will certainly try to help you.

P.S. You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

15. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Can Anyone tell me what Bugs Have been Fixed Up-To -Date

What has Been Fixed With True Image 9.0 for Windows Version?

What has been fixed with true image 9.0 For Rescue CD?

What has the True Image 9.0 Build 2323 Fixed?

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jbmoar,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that if you are registered user of Acronis True Image 9.0 then you can always find the list of changes implemented in the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0 in the Product Updates section of your account on our web site.

For example, the current list of changes for the build 2323 of Acronis True Image 9.0 is as follows:

- Acronis Secure Zone fixes
    - GUI fixes
    - Snap Restore fixes
    - Help system fixes
    - File-level backup fixes

Please also note that we can not provide the more detailed information on these changes on our web site for the specific reason. However, you can always find out whether some particular problem has already been fixed by submitting a request for technical support or posting your question on this forum.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  17. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

No offense but if I was to give MY own customers a changelog that was as generic as that on each software release then I'd be hung, drawn and quartered :(

Acronis User's (your paying customers) have been asking for PROPER detailed change logs for months if not years now - I'd like to see something a bit better than "GUI FIXES" every month please...

18. mantra

mantra Registered Member

by the way i hope the image engine is bug freeo_O righto_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O??

because i'm plaing to buy TI9

19. drew21

drew21 Registered Member

Most enlightening, though frankly a bit disturbing.

I've been mistakingly working under the impression that restoring sectors byte for byte is the exact behavior that the term 'disk imaging' was coined to describe.

Perhaps you'd care to disclose in a bit more detail what exactly it is that your product actually does?.... because it sounds to me as though it's not really an imaging program at all.

I fully understand that such a 'sector for sector' reproduction is perhaps not always in the end-users' best interests, but w/o at least a selectable user option to work as such, I'm afraid your product packaging & literature are misleading, if not flat-out deceptions.

20. Menorcaman

I guess for every advantage one came up with for sector-by-sector imaging someone could come up with a disadvantage.

Basically, when creating a whole disk image, TI copies the MBR, partition layout plus the data residing on the in-use sectors into a compressed archive file. During a restore, this information is extracted from the archive and reconstructed on the destination drive.

For more details on how TI achieves live "imaging" check out this <technical article by Acronis Technical Director Max Lyadvinsky>.

Regards

21. mantra

mantra Registered Member

BTW is better an automatic or manual setting of page (SWAP) file/size setting?

22. Menorcaman

In the early days of Windows, when we had limited amounts of RAM and slow CPUs, I would set up a fixed size Page File. However, now that most of us have 512MB to 1GB of RAM and more CPU power than we can shake a stick at, I leave it up to Windows XP to manage the Page File automatically.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.