Arovax Shield Version 2.0.70 [as of December 14 2006]

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by btman, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yannis

Yannis Registered Member

Re: Arovax Shield 2.0.62 FINAL!

Well it sounds very strange, I can't see the reason why that happened the first time.
    About the second I don't know.
    Why don't you ask this to the Arovax forum?
    :)

2. btman

btman Registered Member

I've said this in a few places but the same thing happened to me... Hasn't happened since I've updated the version... I'm going to have to say it was fixed.
    :D

3. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

It was definitely fixed as the last version 1.3.15 ran great on my PC which has a Two User Account set up, and both were fine after uninstalling it. Unfortunately version 2 is another thing. I installed it and this version would only run on one account at a time, and I got an error message that I posted in the Arovax Forum yesterday. Although I haven't got an answer back yet as to what it might be, I'm thinking it has something to do with Fast User Switching, but only time will tell. Or maybe not.

4. btman

btman Registered Member

Yeah it doesnt work i just did it, it didn't work while just doing normal user switching. I just hit log out.. switch users... went on to another account and my computer froze, should be fixed soon.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Second try: What´s the "Protect Windows Policies" feature about?

And btw, except for the cookies shield (and perhaps the Windows Policies feature, not sure yet), Neoava Guard covers the same things and even more, I just saw that it also monitors the startup folder, but I´m going to test it a bit more. Also, NG´s alert messages are a lot more clear. ;)

6. gevin

gevin Registered Member

It's good thing to see 2 or more freeware provide such a good protection for the community.

i think we, as a user, should not complain or blame the product for not so effective, or 1 product is more powerful than other. Please do send your comment or view or bugs reports to the respective developer, i am sure they will glad enough to improve their product for you.

Neoava Guard or Arovax Shield, i tried them all, they are new, of course they will be buggie here and there. Commercial product do have bug too, even after few round of alpha beta testing... who to blame, the OS, the users, the heckers, the spyguys... ? Once thing for sure, i support these freeware, all the way...

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

It won't install on windows 2003 so i cannot try it out :(.

8. Yannis

Yannis Registered Member

At least you can try version 1.
    ;)

9. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah i really liked version 1, it always worked great and was very light. I'm sad i cannot use version 2....

10. btman

btman Registered Member

Fixed in next version.

11. btman

btman Registered Member

Arovax Shield watches the startup folder... "Guard Startup Folder"

And Arovax is a small program with very little people working for them, don't compare it to the big boys yet..(Neoava Guards prolly been around longer)... That would be like saying some company new to anti-virus technology made a program (Like Comodo, which is semi-new) to Kaspersky's right now.

12. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

@ Gevin

Yes I know, but you didn´t answer my question. :blink:

Actually you´re wrong about this, Neoava is developed by only one guy and it´s a lot more powerful than Arovax. It´s also very low on resources. I´m not saying that AS is trash or anything, but I´m just a bit disappointed about the improvements that´s all.

13. Yannis

Yannis Registered Member

Well, you can see the upcoming features in the updated roadmap.
    ;)

14. fred128

fred128 Registered Member

Just to let you folks know, one of my machines is an older Windows 98 SE and I put Arovax in. The latest version is working fine.
    Would any of you know if it would be ok to also run another anti-spyware program in real time along with Arovax or would they conflict? Thanks.

15. Yannis

Yannis Registered Member

As far as I know Arovax Antispyware works fine with these:

Avast 4.7 free, AVG 7.1, ArovaxShield 2.0.62, SmartHide 1.0.226, Spyware Doctor 4.0, CounterSpy 1.5, Ewido 4.0, Spybot S&D, Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6, A-squared 2.1 free, Ad-Aware SE Plus, SpywareTerminator 1.7

my PC has Win XP SP2.
    For more compatibility issues refer to the Arovax forum, and see www.arovaxantispyware.com site.

16. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

In their forum, Arovax Admin said a newer release will be out today. I started a thread about this program, but will ask here if that's okay. If anyone is using it, and with what other programs.

17. btman

btman Registered Member

Arovax Shield 2.0.68!

A-Shield Version 2.0.68 [December 13 2006]

* New: "Rules Encrypting (file rules.xml)."
    * New: "Creating rules based on md5-identification of running processes files."
    * New: "Arovax News Tab updating option will be added."
    * New: "Ability for Arovax Shield to work without Administrator permissions."
    * Fixed: "A bug during switching between two Windows accounts."

Woot!

18. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Re: A-Shield Version 2.0.68 [as of December 13 2006]

2.0.70 was out today...:D

19. btman

btman Registered Member

Yep they fixed some error in this version... before I could even test the last one lol

20. btman

btman Registered Member

Arovax Shield Version 2.0.75 (New Year Edition) [December 27 2006]

* New: "Autosave log files."
    * Fixed: "Problem with the Opera detection under the account which does have administrator rights."
    * Fixed: "Problem with save options and rules under the account which does have administrator rights."
    * Fixed: "Problem with launch Arovax Shield on w2k."

Uninstall previous version before installing this one... As 3 icons that I could not remove were put on my desktop so I had to uninstall this one... Then reinstall it.

And can someone check the Info tab (on the version before this) to see if it says that this version is out? (Just wondering)

21. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

is this really good i mean,at blocking spyware with its real-time protection??

Actually i am running outpost(w/o As)+avast and was looking forward to a software like arovax shield..

22. btman

btman Registered Member

Re: Arovax Shield Version 2.0.75 [as of December 27 2006]

It's not top-notch right now, but as you can see with all these releases, they are working on improving the program greatly, and it still has some of the best features to come! I'm looking forward to when Arovax Anti-Spyware and Arovax Shield become competitors to "best" anti-spyware companies out there.

Also we were told that the next A-Shield version will pass all Spycar tests, so hopefully that will come very soon! (If it's not this one, we haven't been told yet)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  23. gevin

gevin Registered Member

i would say Arovax is a very young company, but have a team that very dedicated & dream high. Glad to see them grow.

24. Yannis

Yannis Registered Member

Hi
    Arovax is a small company and needs all of us to help/support their products.
    Indeed they have great dreams , see Analyzer project.
    Thanks
    :)

25. btman

btman Registered Member

Please note you should uninstall the last version before installing this one. Some people are having errors for not doing this. Your rules should be saved though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.