Can't update 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by risman, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. risman

risman Registered Member

I have True Image v9.0 build 2,289 and am trying to update to build 2323, but no matter where I go in the My Account section of the Acronis website, I get the registration screen (and I am already registered).

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

When you click on "My Account" you will be taken to the "Register Now" page. However, at the far right of this page you should see a section marked "Already Registered?" where you sign in with your registered email address and password. Depending on the resolution setting of your monitor, you may have to scroll the registration page to the right in order to see it.

Apologies in advance if I'm stating the obvious.

Regards

3. risman

risman Registered Member

I figured that part out shortly after I posted this, and felt pretty foolish! However, even going in as already registered, there are no updates listed under my registered products. The instructions say, "please make sure that you first registered your product on the product registration page. Once your product is registered, it should be available in the list of your registered products." So I go to the product registration page and it asks me for a serial number. Well, I don't recall ever seeing a serial number (I ordered and downloaded off the web, and I have no record of ever seeing a serial number.) So I still can't get the update.

4. Menorcaman

When you ordered the full version download you needed to provide a valid email address. You should then have received a confirmation email, which will also have contained the required serial number. Surely you must have received this serial number because without it you wouldn't have been able to install Build 2289?

Regards

5. risman

risman Registered Member

It wasn't on the confirmation note I found. However, that was an upgrade so maybe it was on an earlier version and I have it filed away somewhere. Will have to check it out when I get home from work today. Thanks much for your help.
    Bob

6. Menorcaman

Hello Bob,

Just to add that even if you purchased an upgrade you will have received another serial number in order to be able to install the new version. Hope you manage to find it or, if not, some other proof of purchase that you could email to support@acronis.com.

Regards

7. risman

risman Registered Member

Thanks. I finally did track down the serial number, downloaded the update, iinstalled it (it said it installed normally), but even after rebooting, it still shows the older build is installed. So I don't know if Acronic simply forgot to change the build number in the newer build, or if somethiing else is going on. I've sent a note to this effect to Acronis support.

8. Menorcaman

Glad you finally managed to find your serial number. Please note that TI Build 2323 doesn't install properly over a previous version or build. You therefore need to uninstall the previous version/build prior to installing 2323. The bug is well documented in this forum and Acronis are aware of the problem.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.