ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware is $19.95 now

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by woobook, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woobook

woobook Registered Member

Compare with the Zonealarm Pro., this version doesn't have Identity Theft & Privacy Protection, Anti-Phishing & Spam bloker, IM Security/Parental controls.

I don't use instant messages. I always close Spam bloker because my email is hotmail, Parental controls is also unnecessary for me.

Is it valuable for me?

2. woobook

3. woobook

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I can't tell you how valuable it is for you, but I can say how valuable it is to me!

My FW is the cornerstone of my defences, so I'm prepared to pay for one that does a good job. I bought ZAP because of the Privacy section which helps blot out annoying web ads, pop-ups etc, control cookies and reduce the risk of driveby downloads by enabling you to block Java, Active X, scripting etc.

For me it is worth the price of admission, though I accept that others simply find it annoying when they have to make adjustments to allow downloads etc. I like to make regular tweaks, so the Privacy section is feature I use the most on a day to day basis.

It is the Spyware section of ZAP that I would not wish to pay extra for, because I'm not sure how useful it is, so I look on it as an additional 'perk'.

If money is an issue, and you feel your browser settings etc can cover the other items, then I think the Spyware version of ZA may seem like a better deal, because you are still getting the Operating System FW and Program Control features.

5. woobook

oops!
    I check it again, compare with "Zonealarm Pro", the new version "Zonealarm Anti-Spyware" only without "Identity Theft & Privacy Protection", but the price is $30 lower. If I use Firefox or Opera, I also can stop pop-up ads, clean cooks and personal privacy frequently(or use CCleaner).

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You are right, it IS $30.00 difference. I was thinking it was $20. If you don't need the Privacy stuff, then ZAAS would indeed seem to be the way to go. Can't beat it for $19.95..

7. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Personally I think this is the most interesting (paid) ZoneAlarm ever. But the price is still 1/4 of my month wages :( So i'll stick with my NAT router :)

8. woobook

If I buy now and do not use it immediately, does the period of validity shall be short? When does it begin to record my period of validity? From the day I buy it or the day I install it?

9. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

From the day you buy I assume...

10. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

It's been my experience with Zone Labs products that the "countdown" starts after the program is activated and registered online.

11. woobook

Where did you buy it? buy a box in store? or buy it in zonealarm website for download.

12. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

I've previously purchased ZAP directly from Zone Labs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.