True Image v8 (build 903) and Maxtor OneTouch II

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dpullem, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpullem

dpullem Registered Member

I just bourght a 300GB Maxtor OneTouch II external HD. I want to use it exclusively for backup. Is there a way to configure the OneTouch II and TI so that when I push the button on the drive that TI will do an incremental backup automatically without me having to do anything further?

The Dansk softwear that came with the OneTouch is supposed to do this, but, it's buggy and hangs at times.

Don

2. Pablo Pablovski

Pablo Pablovski Registered Member

You can configure the backup program that the Maxtor One Touch II's button launches from the Maxtor manager program (Program Files\Maxtor\One Touch\Maxtor One Touch.exe, or wherever you installed it)).

Click on "Drive Management", then "Customise One Touch Button", then browse to your TI8 folder. Works a treat.

3. dld

dld Registered Member

For versions 6 and 6.5 of Maxtor OneTouch , customize your OneTouch button to launch ATI by following the instructions given by Pablo. Set up a Maxtor OneTouch script by following the instructions given in this Dantz FAQ "How to I configure my Maxtor OneTouch drive to do a Backup instead of a Duplicate".
    http://www.dantz.com/en/support/common_questions.dtml

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  4. dpullem

Pablo, I have it setup as you suggested. What I wanted to do was addressed in dld's response. dld the dantz scripting is a little over my head and I've already uninstalled the dantz, I guess I'll live with the way it is. Thanks to you both for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

Don

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Don,

Set up a scheduled task and opt to start it manually. After that, customize your Maxtor OneTouch button to run the resultant TI schedule script file. This is located at C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\Acronis\True Image\Scripts\xxxxxxxxxxxx.tib.tis

Regards

6. dpullem

For Menorcaman

Thanks for your help, works like a charm.

Regards

Don

7. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Thanks! I just purchased Maxtor One Touch II and used your advice and it works perfectly.

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.