Anyone using BitBlinder?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Dundertaker, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi;

Currently tried out BitBlinder and it hides your IP yes but the connection is almost as the same as TOR in Opera..slow..and in one session alone I get the Error 504 and the Firefox browser it uses often crashes often. o_O

Also the Private BitTorrent it has is also quite slow and searches and searches for what seems like forever...have not had one successful download in 1 week yet.:(

I wish it will also be compatible with Opera and Chrome but it's pegged with Firefox only.

I compared it to HotSpotShield and it performed much faster than BitBlinder. But I feel more safe with BitBlinder because HotSpotShield nags you to disable Google search and instead gives it own search page. I also noticed a flash plug that won't go away in each tab in every browser(Chrome/Opera/Safari) I open except Firefox which has NoScript/Adblock. Also it blocked Online Armor Premium from getting updates and created a "Socket 10054 error Connection reset by peer"...even when I uninstalled HotSpotShield.

I only had the chance to correct updating OA when using HijackThis found/deleted the following:

O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Routing Service (HssSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\HssWPR\hsssrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Tray Service (HssTrayService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\HssTrayService.EXE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Monitoring Service (HssWd) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\hsswd.exe (file missing)

After which I went to the Administrative Tools>Services and disabled all of 3 HotSpotShield entries.

The Errors in BitBlinder are more than what I get from successful connections to pages I go to. It's about 5 errors to 1 successful connect plus 2 crashes in 1 nightly session.:(

Wow..I am now searching for a more "safe" anonymity software..maybe I'll try Privoxy instead.

Any ideas guys....

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.