Anyone using BitBlinder?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Dundertaker, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi;

Currently tried out BitBlinder and it hides your IP yes but the connection is almost as the same as TOR in Opera..slow..and in one session alone I get the Error 504 and the Firefox browser it uses often crashes often. o_O

Also the Private BitTorrent it has is also quite slow and searches and searches for what seems like forever...have not had one successful download in 1 week yet.:(

I wish it will also be compatible with Opera and Chrome but it's pegged with Firefox only.

I compared it to HotSpotShield and it performed much faster than BitBlinder. But I feel more safe with BitBlinder because HotSpotShield nags you to disable Google search and instead gives it own search page. I also noticed a flash plug that won't go away in each tab in every browser(Chrome/Opera/Safari) I open except Firefox which has NoScript/Adblock. Also it blocked Online Armor Premium from getting updates and created a "Socket 10054 error Connection reset by peer"...even when I uninstalled HotSpotShield.

I only had the chance to correct updating OA when using HijackThis found/deleted the following:

O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Routing Service (HssSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\HssWPR\hsssrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Tray Service (HssTrayService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\HssTrayService.EXE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Monitoring Service (HssWd) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\hsswd.exe (file missing)

After which I went to the Administrative Tools>Services and disabled all of 3 HotSpotShield entries.

The Errors in BitBlinder are more than what I get from successful connections to pages I go to. It's about 5 errors to 1 successful connect plus 2 crashes in 1 nightly session.:(

Wow..I am now searching for a more "safe" anonymity software..maybe I'll try Privoxy instead.

Any ideas guys....

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.