ATI Workshation 10 coming out any time soon?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sTu_Deimus, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sTu_Deimus

sTu_Deimus Registered Member

As the title says, is there an ATI Workstation V10 in the pipeline?

Stu.

2. random110

random110 Registered Member

We will have version 9.5 first. Perhaps by September?

Version 10 will be mid next year.

3. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Or maybe by 2010!

4. sTu_Deimus

sTu_Deimus Registered Member

SO does the V10 Home have any advantages over V9.x WS?

Buying V9.x WS when there is a V10 Home available feels like I'm buying Win2K Pro when WinXP Home is out, though the two ATI editions do seem to have split at some stage...

Stu.

5. random110

Well, ATI 9.1 Workstation does of course have a lot of features that aren't part of 10. Management Console, Backup Server, Group Server etc.

The will tend to roll out new features in the Home version first before they do for the corporate versions.

Your analogy isn't too wrong. Workstation is like XP and 10 Home is like Vista. Home users like to upgrade to the new little cool features, but business require the known stability of XP.

6. dfenn_x384

dfenn_x384 Registered Member

if i get true image workstation 9.1 now, would i get version 9.5 for free?

7. dfenn_x384

Hi everyone

i just finished talking to acronis live chat and this is what happend:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexey: Hello! Thank you for contacting Acronis Sales Team! My name is Alexey, how can I assist you?
    Daniel: Hi, i just found out that True Image 9.5 Workstation will be coming out soon, if i buy True Image 9.1 Workstation now will i get the 9.5 version for free?
    Alexey: With regards to your question, our upgrade policy is to provide free upgrade to customers who purchased the software within 30 days prior to the release of the new version of the product, and also those who have purchased software maintenance or site license.
    Daniel: would you call 9.1 and 9.5 different version all together?
    Daniel: or is it just an update?
    Alexey: These are different versions.
    Daniel: well if they are different version, why is it going to be 9.5 insted of 10?
    Daniel: because to me, 9.5 look like an update to 9.1
    Alexey: This is an upgrade.
    Daniel: so if i get version 9.1 now and when 9.5 comes out, i will need to pay for the upgrade?
    Daniel: correct?
    Alexey: You can get free upgrade if you purchase it within 30 days prior to the release of the new version or purchase software maintenance Daniel: ok thanks for your time
    Alexey: Thank you for visiting. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have further questions.
    Alexey: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Daniel: no not at all, just copying this chat
    Alexey: At the top right corner of the chat window there is a Close button. Please press it and you’ll be offered to be sent the transcript of this chat to your e-mail address.
    Daniel: thanks
    Alexey: You are welcome.

now my complant is that 9.5 should be a free update for 9.1 users. acronis pleas explain. i can't pay for the same software 2 TIMES!!

NOT HAPPY ACRONIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. dfenn_x384

Ok, i just spent more time on that F****N chat line!!! here another chat log:

info: Thank you for contacting Acronis! The chat operator will be with you approximately in 1 minute(s) and 22 seconds. Thank you for waiting.
    info: You are now chatting with 'Andy'
    Andy: Hello. Thank you for contacting Acronis Sales Team. My name is Andy. How can I assist you?
    Daniel: Hi andy, could you or someone else please take a look at this webpage? https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1040319#post1040319
    Daniel: and read the last post!!
    Andy: OK. Could you please tell me if you have Maintenance?
    Daniel: no i don't
    Andy: The upgrade policy Alexey mentioned there is for Home/Office products ( http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/ ).
    Andy: The corporate products get upgrades for free according to the Maintenance during the subscription period.
    Andy: So, to get upgrade to a next version of Acronis True Image Workstation you have to have a Maintenance.
    Andy: You can purchase it on http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/ even right now.
    Daniel: ok, do i need to get Maintenance at the time of ordering?
    Andy: Yes, usually when you purchase a software from our online store you get Maintenance in your Shopping Cart as a separate option that can be excluded. We highly recommend to buy it.
    Daniel: is this option avable with the upgrade version?
    Andy: Also as I said it earlier, you can buy Maintenance now and still will get upgrade to the next versions for free.
    Daniel: how often do you make new version of the software because i don't want to get Maintenance and nothing comes out in the year time
    Andy: When you purchase an upgrade, the Maintenance is in the Shopping Cart as well
    Daniel: how often do you make new version of the software because i don't want to get Maintenance and nothing comes out in the year time
    Andy: You get Maintenance not just for free upgrades. It is also for priority support.
    Andy: Unfortunately we cannot tell how often we produce new versions for sure - we do not have exact time for next version. What I can tell you for sure that if you purchase a Maintenance, a new version of Acronis True Image Workstation will be released during the time of your subscription.
    Andy: We are almost ready to release Acronis True Image 9.5 Workstation
    Andy: And also I think that probably we release Acronis True Image 10.0 Workstation during the next year (nobody can tell exact time frame for it).
    Daniel: ok, thankyou for clearing up some of the points made by dfenn_384
    Andy: OK. Thank you. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Daniel: no, not at this point
    Andy: Thank you for visiting. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have further questions.
    Daniel: have a nice day
    Andy: And you too.

it still does not add up ACRONIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for F**K shake explain!!!!

9. random110

Corporate customers will nearly always purchase Maintanence (AMPS). It only costs 20% of the purchase price, so even if it takes more than a year between major version upgrades, it still represents good value. An upgrade will cost 60% of the purchase price.

9.5 will be a major upgrade to the program. All customers, AMPS subscribers or not, will continue to get Build version upgrades for 9.1.

I would recommend you purchase the AMPS if you are worried.

10. dfenn_x384

are you sure? this does nout sounds right!!!

11. dfenn_x384

I want someone from acronis to explain!!!!

12. random110

Am I sure about what?

13. dfenn_x384

that it is a majour upgrade

14. random110

I am 95% sure that it will be treated as a Major Version upgrade. Everything i have heard from Acronis has been that it will be.

15. silver0066

I purchased the Maintenance Agreement with Workstation 9.1 with UR, had the problem with UR not appearing on the Recovery screen, and received absolutely no help after submitting a ticket.

I DO NOT recommend purchasing it for support.....maybe only to get a cheaper upgrade, that is, if they ever come out with it. This thread shows how ignorant the sales people are regarding timing of upgrades.

16. Stache

Stache Registered Member

I purchased Server for Windows with UR with Maintenance. I too had the problem with UR not appearing on the Recovery Screen. However I was very satisified with the support I received to solve that problem. Previous to purchase, while I was evaulating the product, I also received satisfactory support on a few quirks I encounted then. The support I received is one of the reasons I choose Acronis over other imaging products.

I am not claiming support is perfect, but I have found it to be better than others.

17. silver0066

You must work for Acronis.

18. Stache

Stache Registered Member

No Silver0066, your statement was unwarranted.
    I do not work for Acronis.
    I was simply reporting my experience.
    Over the past twenty years I've had to deal with many vendors.
    Support from some was better than Acronis, my support experience from others was worse.

I do not know why you had problems with support.
    Just wanted to let people know that there is another side to the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.