NOD32 crashes IE7

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ElSerpentor, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElSerpentor

ElSerpentor Registered Member

Frequently when I start IE7, as soon as my homepage loads, it terminates with an application error. If I select the option to submit the error information to Microsoft, it tells me "Error caused by NOD32 Antivirus Situation: No solution available". This does not happen with Mozilla Firefox 2.0 using the same homepage. The homepage is http://compaq-desktop.aol.com/, which is the homepage configured by default on all Compaq computers. This started about two days ago. Yesterday it seemed to be fine, but today it is crashing yet again

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi .

I would suggest you :
    - Repiar Winsock
    - Reload IMON
    - Make sure Internet Explorer is set on Higher compatibility

To repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 only

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

Windows XP and XP SP1
    Download and run http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

Good luck ! :thumb:

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi ElSerpentor, welcome to Wilders.

After trying what HiTech_boy has suggested. If the problem still persists, the please take the course of action described HERE

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

4. 5150

5150 Registered Member

IE7 + NOD32 2.7 on my work PC - no issues whatsoever.

Above suggestions might be useful for you - I'll try your homepage next time I'm on the work PC, and post back. Other members with IE7/NOD may wish to do the same?

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

FWIW- I had a lot of trouble with IE7. But I decided to try and remove it and download again. When I re-downloaded I shut off all other running programs (NOD32, Firewall, etc) and it has worked fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.