LnS - bad reputation

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by mu30286, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mu30286

mu30286 Registered Member

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Nah, I wouldnt worry. There is no program on earth that works on every configuration of a computer there is. Me, for example, have used Outpost Pro for a couple of years until recently, but would not have done that if I would have given up on the first BSOD I got with it ;)
    Those two who complained were just lazy i think.

For me LnS worked well from the beginning (alltho it wasnt too easy to learn :) ). I like it because it is tiny and it is just a firewall, not adblocker, not activex blocker and all other blocker stuff one can think of that firewalls are bloated with nowadays. I use other programs that does that better.

3. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I went from LnS to a lifetime key for Outpost but I am back to LnS too. It's much lighter and does a great job. Outpost still batlles with BSOD... And I agree with sukarof that people who have problems from the start just should read a little bit better what to do. LnS is great!

4. ernstblaauw

ernstblaauw Registered Member

Well, I have to agree with those that LnS is not 'everything'. A huge disadvantage of LnS is the inability to cooperate with the NX-bit. I hope the developers will come up with a solution soon.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ beetlejuice69,

I have moved your post\question to a more appropriate Forum and created a thread for the same.

Found here---> PC-Viper experiences

Regards,
    Bubba

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I agree w/ sukarof, there will always be people w/ bad experiences w/ every program. I've not had any troubles w/ LnS, it does what I want it to and it does it very well. I don't want the extra crap like content filtering included in my firewall either, I'd rather use Proxo.

The only thing I disagree with is learning to use it. Once you get a grasp on the concept of rules, it's really pretty easy. Just get down how to import the rulesets and don't overwrite the pre-configured rulesets, and you'll be fine (I mean "you" in the general sense.)

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

This is only for advanced features: "Watch thread injection"... and the new ones in the beta driver.
    The others very often don't propose these kind of features.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.