LnS - bad reputation

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by mu30286, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mu30286

mu30286 Registered Member

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Nah, I wouldnt worry. There is no program on earth that works on every configuration of a computer there is. Me, for example, have used Outpost Pro for a couple of years until recently, but would not have done that if I would have given up on the first BSOD I got with it ;)
    Those two who complained were just lazy i think.

For me LnS worked well from the beginning (alltho it wasnt too easy to learn :) ). I like it because it is tiny and it is just a firewall, not adblocker, not activex blocker and all other blocker stuff one can think of that firewalls are bloated with nowadays. I use other programs that does that better.

3. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I went from LnS to a lifetime key for Outpost but I am back to LnS too. It's much lighter and does a great job. Outpost still batlles with BSOD... And I agree with sukarof that people who have problems from the start just should read a little bit better what to do. LnS is great!

4. ernstblaauw

ernstblaauw Registered Member

Well, I have to agree with those that LnS is not 'everything'. A huge disadvantage of LnS is the inability to cooperate with the NX-bit. I hope the developers will come up with a solution soon.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ beetlejuice69,

I have moved your post\question to a more appropriate Forum and created a thread for the same.

Found here---> PC-Viper experiences

Regards,
    Bubba

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I agree w/ sukarof, there will always be people w/ bad experiences w/ every program. I've not had any troubles w/ LnS, it does what I want it to and it does it very well. I don't want the extra crap like content filtering included in my firewall either, I'd rather use Proxo.

The only thing I disagree with is learning to use it. Once you get a grasp on the concept of rules, it's really pretty easy. Just get down how to import the rulesets and don't overwrite the pre-configured rulesets, and you'll be fine (I mean "you" in the general sense.)

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

This is only for advanced features: "Watch thread injection"... and the new ones in the beta driver.
    The others very often don't propose these kind of features.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.