ProcessGuard v3.050 Released!!!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Jason_DiamondCS, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

PROCESSGUARD v3.050 RELEASED!
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

A few small bugs were found to exist in the Execution Protection which could lead to issues when switching between user accounts. Some small features and tweaks were also added from user feedback. It is recommended you upgrade to this new version because it has no known stability issues.

If you are already a registered ProcessGuard user you can simply download the version from the DiamondCS Members Area or the FREE version available on the download page. Your unlock code should not need to be re-entered, it will automatically unlock the FREE version. If you havn't yet purchased ProcessGuard you can do so simply by heading over to http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=purchase

If you purchase online you'll receive your license usually within 10 minutes after the purchase, as it's now an automated process for your convenience.

We hope you enjoy the program!
    The DiamondCS Team

2. Jason_DiamondCS

If you are using v3.000 you can either start fresh with v3.050 by uninstalling v3.000 then installing v3.050 or use the upgrade I mention below. It is easier to not bother with upgrading your lists and just start fresh by letting learning mode handle things for you in the new version.

The instructions provided below are for more intermediate to advanced users, if you don't understand any of the steps it would be best for you to not bother trying to upgrade your settings.

If you want to upgrade from v3.000 and keep all your protection and security lists, follow these instructions.

1) Disable protection in ProcessGuard. Then go to c:\windows\system32 and copy both pghash.dat and pguard.dat to another folder on your system. An example would be to copy them to c:\

2) Uninstall ProcessGuard v3.000 and reboot

3) Install ProcessGuard v3.050, but when it asks you to reboot click on "NO, I will reboot later"

4) Copy pguard.dat and pghash.dat from the folder you saved them to back into c:\windows\system32

5) Load up regedit and go to this registry folder :-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\ProcessGuard v3.0\

6) Edit the Reboots value, set it to 3. If there is no Reboots value, create a new DWORD value and name it Reboots. Then set it to 3.

7) Edit the BeenRun value to 1. If there is no BeenRun value, create a new DWORD value and name it BeenRun. Then set it to 1.

8 ) Reboot your computer and you should have all your old settings and lists. :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  3. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Awesome. Thanks Jason. You guys rock!

Thanks,

Chris

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello Jason,

Followed your instructions and worked like a champ!!! Keep up the good work :D ...

5. Jason_DiamondCS

Glad to hear it worked fine. :)

6. wanchan

wanchan Registered Member

Just bought PG3 a few days ago. Very pleased to see the new build out :D
    Thanks Jason for the upgrade instructions which will certainly make our lives lots easier. Or shall I just clean install :p

Great job! Thanks again.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  7. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Installation went well as per your procedure, Jason.

And PGAccount.exe now starts up on reboot as designed... :D

8. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D New verstion ah bugs ah sure sure sure ;)

9. MichaelE

MichaelE Registered Member

DCS team
    Followed instruction for the up-grade to PG3.050 and all went just fine..
    :D
    Regards
    Michael

10. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

same here... did the upgrade as per Jason's post and went smooth, all settings were retained.

11. dog

dog Guest

Thanks Jason!

Your steps to upgrading to PG 3.05, whilst keeping your PG 3 setup & protections worked like a charm. ;)

There's a nice couple of visible improvements, ... the "Protection Stats" on the Main Tab ... and a much nicer Icon. ;)

Steve - *puppy*

12. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Thanks DCS

I just love this programme and your advise jason was correct and I have upgraded to PG version 3.050 without any problems at all, pg also kept all my settings as well.

Your friend

THE MUL

13. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Thanks Jason,

I followed your instructions and was also able to be up and running with all my settings intact. Absolutely perfect!! :D :D

Great work.

Thanks

Dave

14. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

not sure what im doing amiss but I downloaded from jasons link above and followed the steps starting fresh and still have 3.00 on my system . Any suggestions most welcome

15. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Solar Power C

You went to the ProcessGuard site, went to the members area and logged in? Are you positive you reinstalled with the new downloaded file?

Thats the only thing I can think of.

Pete

16. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Hi Pete. Yes i went to the members area and logged in . Im not sure whats going on . I have just spent the morn reinstalling xp so as to give process guard a fresh start and low and behold Im some how getting 3.oo . Iv tried twice now. I followed jasons removal instructions from another thread . Im doing some thing wring . But each download has resulted in the last version. I have used the link provided at the start of this thread. Its going well , however It would be nice to have the 3.050.

I will try again this eve and download it . and check what the version is before I try and load it up ... thanks

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  17. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Worked great for me, too, Jason. Thanks!! :)

18. Dieter Bressem

Dieter Bressem Registered Member

Hi Jason

Thanks, it was working immediatley. But I don't think that this is a convenient way for rookies to to an upgrade.
    Also, I wonder why registered users don't get a mail that a new version has been released o_O.

Regards
    Dieter

19. eternalbeta

eternalbeta Registered Member

Didn't have any problems with version 3.0 but since upgrading to 3.050 (by uninstalling 3.0 and installing the new version) I get the message that PGAccount.exe is not running and thus................

What gives? o_O

20. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

PG3 is really good, but I would like to ask for something in the future versions: Please provide the possibility in the installer to update old 3.x installation without the user playing around in registry or having to teach the application again. Also it may be possible to reduce the number of reboots needed during update to 1, instead of 2 or 4.
    -hojtsy-

21. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Oddly enough I just got that after a reboot myself...

Stopped the GUI ran pgaccount and started the GUI again so it would work as intended, but I'm not sure why that just happened

pgaccount.exe is mentioned in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run so it isn't something stupid like that being missing

Interestingly there was no entry in the pg log file for an attempt to start pgaccount.exe during the startup sequence

I haven't yet started using the delay startup tool I found a pointer to recently (http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay) maybe that will help by staggering process start times

22. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I just notcied that the Process Guard service is listed as "DiamondCS Process Guard Service v3.000". The version number has not been updated.

23. Just a quick note to commend you all on this upgrade to Process Guard.

Usually not one to take the time, but it is AWESOME. Everything that I felt it needed has been done, it has been improved significantly.. the options, settings, appearance, organization....more than understandable for us NON programmers.

Well done...I own almost all of your software and have been very pleased.

Take care and again you all did one outstanding job here.

Best regards.
    z

24. Eric_Foulke

Eric_Foulke Guest

Hmm, after installing PG clean I get this message and PG won't run at all.

25. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

Somehow your kernel32.dll confuses PG. See this thread and prepare to give details about your system (localized version? patchlevel, which app are you running when you get the error?).

(I'd also humbly suggest continuing discussing this issue over there. Tx)

HTH,
    Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.