Eset lets viruses through

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by volvic, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volvic

volvic Registered Member

2. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

ESET did fine, especially the last two months. Why did you single ESET out as a poor performer and make it sound like they did terrible compared to everyone else, when that was not the case at all?

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Sounds like someone has a bone to pick. Being in the top 99 percentile in detection rates I think thats rather good. Considering the performance to detection ratio of KES to ESET or ESET to any other of the top 7 "best" AV's in the test I would pick ESET all day long.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, Kaspersky seems to be VERY strong in protection in general. I mean, just look at the tests. It's hardly any where it doesn't come out in the 1st place.

5. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

There are ones that could only dream of such "bad" results.

6. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Kaspersky and ESET got Advanced+ rating. Which means that they are both great. There is no AV with constant 100% detection rate.

Regards, hqsec

7. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

You just made another thread just like this that got locked. Are you trying to get banned? No AV stops 100% of threats.

8. Blueshoes

Blueshoes Registered Member

Kaspersky for Mac detection rate is really bad. I have tried to contact Eugene himself through his blog to try to get the company to increase their detection rate. But, they just don't seem care about how their detection rate is in the Mac dept. It really is kind of weird seeing Kaspersky being mid pack. The name is synonymous with #1 or #2 in ratings.

http://securityspread.com/detection-rate-results/

9. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

10. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Webroot nowhere to be seen?

Realize - Webroot is difficult to test properly for these testers, as it is an execution protection system - for the most part.

Here is what you do - install a VM, or Sandbox, or something like ShadowDefender. Then install Webroot, set heuristics to max. Then try to infect the machine as badly as you can.. Download every PUP, trojan, malicious file you can find.

You will likely find what I found.. Webroot only misses PUPS at times, but most other stuff is snagged, and if it isn't, it's dropped into a 'monitored' state. Which then you go into Webroot, set it to broke, and reverse what it has done.

I literally tried to DESTROY a machine last night I was getting ready to reformat, and Webroot was pretty impressive.. When I added MBAM/Chicalogic, they were batting 100%. After 2-3 hours of banging on the machine with Honeypot threats, I gave up and figured this was a fine combo.

Don't read into tests too much.

11. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

12. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Yeap, it's not rocket science + 1

13. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

seriously you're back... no offense man but people have choices. if you dont like eset or wsa DONT use them. simple as that. i use both eset and wsa and in real world use from MANY clients as well as my own machines i dont see these infections. in fact i get FAR less calls the i ever have using eset and webroot for many clients.

14. J_L

J_L Registered Member

This is far from his first or second time, I'm surprised he wasn't banned already.

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Well, volvic has been warned before.....
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2312186&postcount=27

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.