ESET Smart Security v5.0.94.0 released!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by berryracer, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Upgraded at home with no problems. Win 7 x64

At work I upgraded and was unable to activate. Lol. Thought that problem was fixed. Lucky for me I had exported my settings. So after importing them into the new version, all was well.

Not sure why this activation issue is still occurring.

2. darts

darts Registered Member

My version doesn't upgrade too 94.0 version how is this possible?? Is it because i am using a Dutch version?

Greats Darts

3. Slooshy

Slooshy Registered Member

The firewall module is still stuck on 1069 (for over a month) and can't run traceroute properly without disabling "ICMP protocol message checking" in IDS setup. Really Eset? Wow. :blink:
    I know pre-release firewall modules fix this issue, but why isn't the firewall officially updated yet?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  4. poluxbgames

poluxbgames Registered Member

I don't understand... i'm a french user but when i click on 'check' version on update tab, it always show "5.0.93.7"...?
    is it normal?

5. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

6. poluxbgames

i have a French version so i will wait. But is it normal that the french version is still on 5.0.93.7? the intern update verification should note the update, no? Otherwise what's the utility of the check version option?

7. tommy456

My version is the eng version, so i don't know, sorry bit odd all these different versions,country specific maybe? or just Eset's update servers that are not in sync with each other

8. poluxbgames

Yes i think :)
    but if Someone of ESET Team can confirm that, it will be very cool ;)
    ( i've tried the eset live installer too, and it say to me:"you already have the latest version" )

9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

10. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

You have to uninstall and reinstall the latest version manually

The links are in the first post of this thread

11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I know this, my point was what exactly does the check version do? I still have to check on the forum for latest version? I have no need for .94 as I have none of the issues and parental control is turned off. I just thought that at long last you could update from within the program like most other software.

12. tommy456

The check version appears to check somewhere but so far it hasn't found this new version, It's similar to the "verify licence validity" that doesn't work either,

13. tommy456

Even the latest 1071 module ain't perfect, although it does allow the user to run ping & tracert commands without blocking the responses, it won't allow the use of a network tool called ping plotter , this can run tracerts/pings to multiple hosts should you wish and will run until you choose to stop it, it's grate for checking for packet loss ect, the size of the packet sent can be increased upto the size of your MTU eset blocks IMCP using this app unless you disable the option to scan /check ICMP

14. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

5.0.94 has not been released in Spanish, maybe that is the reason why it still shows 5.0.93 in my installation.

15. poluxbgames

If i use the Eset Live installer it say to me that i already have the latest version... so...
    I think french is not released yet too.
    But i would like to know if the "checker" is working or not? is he going to tell me whether a new version is available?

16. probedb

probedb Registered Member

Since updating to 5.0.94 my network connections no longer work properly. I've come from the latest version of 4.

It seems it initially sees the network drives and then when I try to access them it can't. I had no trouble with 4, what has changed?

Win 7 64 bit....

17. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When reporting a new issue, please always create a new dedicated thread for it. As for the issue, does disabling firewall, real-time protection or HIPS make a difference?

18. probedb

probedb Registered Member

Done :) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1954456#post1954456

Nope, made no difference. I think some of it did with the fact it was also blocking web access to the other machine as well. Anyways will continue on the other thread....

19. cool1007

cool1007 Registered Member

I don't understand why we can't upgrade the program from 5.0.39 to 5.0.40 using the built-in option. Why the hell did ESET put that in then, if we have to uninstall, re-download and reinstall every time a minor upgrade goes in place. I thought we were past this when version 5 was launched. :/

20. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I think it's disabled. 5.0.93.0 installed check update says it's up to date. Download and install 5.0.94.0 and that says it's up to date (ie latest version is .94) remove fully and re install .93 and the update feature says that version.93 is the latest.
    So whatever version is installed is current, so not working.
    I am in UK and latest version on their download page is now 5.0.94.0.

21. ScoScorpio

ScoScorpio Registered Member

Marcos,The bug fixes only in English version? No other language versions?

22. poluxbgames

But, Eset live installer says i'm already up to date too.... so??
    Can anyone of Eset team say to us what to do?
    I'm a french user with .93 version.... is it a french .94 version?

23. ScoScorpio

ScoScorpio Registered Member

About ESET 5.0.94

ESET Version 5.0.94,The bug fixes only in English version? No other language versions?

24. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

No big issues for me, I'm very happy with the firewall and hips in v5.0.94.0. When I asked for interactive mode HIPS gave it to me. Unrelenting for the first day, the FW showed me outgoing contact that I had been unaware of in the past. Good job ESET.

25. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

This version is running flawlessly! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.