ESET Smart Security v5.0.94.0 released!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by berryracer, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

http://www.eset.com/download/home/detail/family/5

If you are having trouble for downloading from the official site above, you may download from the below alternative links, these are the official Setup files untouched, you will still be able to install it for a trial period of 30 days or enter your valid Username / Password to activate it.

ESET Smart Security v5.0.94.0 (32-Bit) [English]

ESET Smart Security v5.0.94.0 (64-Bit) [English]

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v5.0.94.0 (32-Bit) [English]

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v5.0.94.0 (64-Bit) [English]

Key Features

Parental Control
    Parental control lets you block sites that may contain potentially offensive material. In addition, parents can prohibit access to up to 20 pre-defined website categories.

Cloud Powered Scanning
    Based on real-time streaming of threat-related information from the cloud, the ESET Virus lab keeps the reputation services up-to-date for a constant level of protection against Internet threats.

Improved Antispam
    Our antispam module integrated in ESET Smart Security has undergone a thorough optimization process for even higher level of detection precision.

Enhanced Media Control
    Block threats trying to get through to the system via removable media. ESET Smart Security 5 automatically prompts you to scan the content of all USB flash drives, CDs and DVDs. Block specific media based on a range of parameters like the device ID, media type, and serial number.

Intelligent Firewall
    ESET Smart Security 5 helps you prevent unauthorized users from accessing your computer remotely and monitoring your network traffic.

New Features for Geeks

Gamer Mode
    When in full-screen mode, ESET Smart Security 5 automatically switches to silent mode, which saves system resources, so you can enjoy playing computer games or concentrate on important work tasks without distractions from pop-up messages.

Advanced HIPS Functionality

This one is for real Geeks – now you can customize the behavior of the system in greater detail: specify rules for the system registry, active processes and programs, and fine-tune your security posture.

Advanced Setup Tree

Redesigned advanced setup tree for more intuitive and easier navigation.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
  2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Uninstalled 5.0.93.0. Deleted all traces of it I could find. Rebooted. Installed 5.0.94.0. Customized setting. Clicked OK. Presented with "Failed to read Firewall Configuration" message.

3. berryracer

I did the same, uninstalled, rebooted, cleaned registry, then installed 5.0.94.0 (x64) works like a charm with 0 errors!

I'm lovin't i

I advice you to try again. Clean your registry with Auslogics Registry Cleaner v2.1.0.0 (not the advanced options, just the default options)

Also make sure NOT to install the Ask.com toolbar when you are installing Auslogics Registry Cleaner

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

In addition to Jack steps, I would run the eset uninstaller utility, which can be downloaded from eset website.

5. xxJackxx

Tried again and cleaned the registry first. No errors so far. :thumb:

6. berryracer

Excellent news! :D

I always use Auslogics Registry Cleaner after I uninstall any program to get rid of the obsolete / invalid registry entries.

It is the best and safest registry cleaner I have tried.

7. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

Will not install, it cannot find its own MSI even if I browse to it!

This is Live and Offline installers.

I could no doubt mess about and get it to work but it should work in 1st place!

8. xxJackxx

Does it give an error message or error number of any kind?

9. Temp Member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  10. xxJackxx

Ok, post back tomorrow and I am sure someone will be able to help.

11. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Thanks

but i'm always worried about upgrading nod , settings lost , bsod , and so on

i'm running 5.0.93.0

and i would like to install the new version

but can i go back ?
    i mean i haven't the 5.0.93.0 installer
    maybe is in my w7 system folder but i have downloaded and installed

where can i download the 5.0.93.0 again in case of problems?

at filehippo i can find only the av , not smart security

12. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

This version hangs firefox when trying to remove a threat. I had enabled strict cleaning for web filter and the option to detect potentially unwanted and unsafe applications are selected. As a small test I tried to download Rockxp4 from majorgeeks (from majorgeeks mirror) Eset detected the threat but firefox hung. I have used the webfilter in passive mode. My OS is Vista 32bit. Can anyone replicate the same?

13. Temp Member

Export your settings, then import back into new version or old one again if it goes bad!

14. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

Why it cannot automaticlly upgrade itself.....Still nid to uninstall old n install d new....hopefully eset can make it automaticly upgrade itself coz at my country everytime i install latest ESET it took 1 hours something....

15. xxJackxx

I think you will have to. I believe that error is caused by it trying to find the previous installer package. I would uninstall what you have, clean any leftovers, and try again.

16. Temp Member

I cannot even uninstall old version due to MSI issue as above!

I think this is due to files being on the SSD that is caching my HDD using Intel's Smart Response!

I had a faulty stick of Memory (new) and it caused a BSOD on a normal restart which somehow messed up the SSD+HDD relationship meaning I can only boot to that HDD in IDE Mode not AHCI or Raid modes and nothing so far has been able to revert it.

A few things went wonky so I think that is to blame!

17. mantra

mantra Registered Member

yes thanks

but can i download the previous version 5.0.39.0 ?
    i mean where can i download it , if i get problems with the new version ?

18. xxJackxx

Sounds like it. Hopefully you can get your hands on the installer for the version you have and remove it. If not you could reinstall the same version over the top and that should repair it well enough to remove it.

19. Temp Member

Grab the older version from a trusted site like say Majorgeeks (pure example) not some random site!

Keep a copy of it rared/zipped up like I did when 4.2 was a mess and I kept an older perfect beta build!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  20. Temp Member

Did the upgrade trick to repair Win 7 but my install was Win 7 then later updated to SP1 so it did fix issues but SP1 will not install as its not as easy to repair as if my install was a Win 7 SP1 install!

I need a clean install anyway but ideally did not want to do now while testing new hardware and such!

21. xxJackxx

I should make sure I am clear on where you are with this at the moment. Do you have ANY version of ESS installed? If so what version? I don't think you need to repair Windows, at least not just yet.

22. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

FWIW, I'm using FF 8b1, Did Not read the Announcement thoroughly, and Installed 94 OVER 93 Without Issues (all prior Exclusions and Setup remain as prior). I know XP data is not that crucial to most of you but See Signature for my Apps and FYI for other XP users.

In each Upgrade Announcement I Wish ESET would STATE whether to Uninstall/Reinstall, Install Over is OK, or Either OK - in BOLD Obvious Type / doesn't seem that hard a task. Guess I was lucky this time.

23. Temp Member

My Win 7 was messed up with more issues than ESET caused!

It done anyhow and tomorrow I do clean install!

I had to use a KasperSky tool to remove the broken ESS in safe Mode (it broke trying to uninstall by normal method and after Win 7 repair nothing but DOS could connect to internet until I removed ESS!

Win 7 was never my prim OS as my old trusty Vista install is still going and has all my App's Games on it, I was trying to wind it down to make Win 7 my primary but lack of certain features pisses me off and not all can be fixed by 3rd party fixes!

Seems Win 8 is going the same way, good if you use a Smartphone lol.

24. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I'm in the UK and still uk site shows 5.0.93 and still my program update does too?

25. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks a lot

but for example at Majorgeeks i can't find smart security , and i can 't find older versiono_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.