Comodo Cloud Scanner

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Ibrad, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

So now we have Comodo Dragon, CIS, Def+, CAV, and CTM!

From what I have read about this software it sounds likes emsisofts MalAware

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Their main problem is that they have bunch of projects and none is ever truly finished or properly maintained.

5. guest

guest Guest

I have just uninstall it, this app dont have any sense.

6. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Did you happen to take any screen shots while you had it installed?

7. guest

guest Guest

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5258/comodocloud1.png

The only option for fix the erros is "speak" with the technical help of comodo.

And about the errors... winrar and another usual software seems to be malware or suspicious

8. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

From what I have read on the comodo forums they are going to hook this into CIMA to lower the FP's

9. guest

guest Guest

Anyway I dont find this software useful, is just like another privacy and registry cleaner with an antimalware scanner without removal capabilitis of any of this, but you have to pay for ... Live PC support

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
  10. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I have their firewall with D+ and no complaints.

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

While I certainly am not intending to put words in Rejzors' mouth, I believe the comment was meant towards the rest of their seemingly monthly experiments.

12. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Am I the only one that thinks that looks like a rogue? 16 thousand problems? Seriously. :D

The get help button is a stunning replica of the "buy full version" buttons you see in rogues.

13. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I don't know why I didn't look at that screenshot before, but that's, well, there is no excuse for that. That's ALPHA behavior, and, you're right, that thing looks so fake it's funny.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Comodo is giving a lot for free, so relax guys :D

15. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

What should we care if it's free if the programs aren't worth the few seconds they take to download? I'm not intending to insult you by saying this, but try not to be a loyalist. Even the best developers sometimes create a dud. Praising them blindly won't keep them on their toes, which is EXACTLY what you want security vendors to do.

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

A new type of adware ... comodoware !! :thumbd:

17. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

I think it counts each website in the users history as a privacy risk, as well as cookies etc. Junk files would most likely be Thumbs.db, *.log, *.dmp etc.

And as for the malware, as it is a beta product there may be added false positives.

So all in all, I can see how it amounts to that total of 'threats'. However, I think they need to change the way they display the information.

18. icr

icr Registered Member

Was it unstableo_O

19. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Oh well, i guess i think like that because im a freeware ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  20. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I usually don't jump into discussions like this, but I really have to here. I ran it on my machine which is absolutely clean. Here is the result.

ccs result.png

Some fundamental Windows files are "suspicious"? Please. A large fraction of the privacy issues relate to entries in my Favorites folder. I suppose by some perverted logic that's a potential privacy issue since it does indicate websites that I might visit, but really....

This type of result will do more harm than good for many users.

Blue

21. guest

guest Guest

Its a beta, the antimalware scanner is not working (online) yet.

22. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I'm not sure that would explain nor be an excuse to flag critical system files as "suspicious". As far as the privacy issues...that's ridiculous. To flag Favorites as anything, let alone a privacy risk is just nonsense. I also have concern about everything it's trying to do here. Malware scanner+"Privacy cleaner"+Junk file cleaning AND a Registry cleaner? Sounds to me like yet another of those "All-in-one" deals that 9 times out of 10 fall flat on their face.

Imho, this software should be yanked off the net and worked on more before they let users play with it. I don't see anything Beta about it, more like Alpha. Just my opinion though. Besides, if it's a "Cloud" scanner, and the anti-malware part isn't working online....and the whole purpose is online scanning....um, why again did they release it?

23. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

I got same result and it seems like it marks every file in Windows\System32 as suspicious. This is ridiculous. I hate stupid programs.

24. dlimanov

dlimanov Registered Member

Looks like a marketing tool to sell their A/V: it reports thousands of bogus "errors" and issues and to "clean up", you need to open a tech session which (surprise!) will tell you to buy the A/V.
    No thanks, I'll stick with Hitman.
    :thumbd:

25. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

they offer so much for free I wouldn't think marketing would be the purpose, but i sure as heck dont see other use for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.