Which firewall with NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Sacles, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

Hello,

When my license of NOD32 Antivirus will expire (in 10 months), I'll probably buy a licence for SMART Security.

Waiting, could you tell me which firewall that is perfectly compatible with NOD32 Antivirus?

I tried Outpostfirwall Pro that I abandoned after problems updates for NOD32 Antivirus.

2. Wallaby

Wallaby Registered Member

I am using COMODO + ESET NOD32 4.2.71.2 with no problems

3. manak

manak Registered Member

If you are using Windows 7 with Hardware Router.
    Windows 7 built in firewall is sufficient for most average users.
    Of course, it is perfectly compatible with NOD32 Antivirus 5

Comodo Firewall (firewall only) is compatible with ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    If you are going to use Comodo Firewall, Disable ESET's HIPS or Comodo HIPS.

Comodo HIPS is way better than ESET's HIPS (maybe someday ESET's HIPS is good enough?) Some people use NOD32 Antivirus 4 with Comodo Firewall because NOD32 Antivirus 4 & 5 have same antivirus modules but v 4 does not have HIPS.

4. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

Thanks you for your advices.

5. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

I am using Outpost Pro ver7.5.2 with Nod32 ver5.2.9 in one of my systems and I do not have any update issues. The updates that I had was with a partition with Nod32 ver5.2.9 and CIS ver5.10 but seems to be with the update servers of Eset. That problem I had was only experienced last week. Now it's ok.

I have placed C:\Program Files\Agnitum and C:\Program Data\Agnitum in Eset exclusions and with Outpost "Allow all activity". Have experienced issues with Attack Detection of Outpost ver7.5.3 but it's a different problem(was a known bug so reverted back to ver7.5.2)
    In Comodo CIS ver5.10 no issues also. Exclusions for both programs were placed. Eset HIPS is disabled.

Nod32's license can be used with Eset Smart Security. Used that before settling with Nod32 with Outpost/Comodo. Try it!

6. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

o_O??

You say that introducing the username and password of NOD32 in Smart Security this works?

I think I've tried everything but the problems continued updates.

Maybe a server issue based on my location (Belgium) with Outpost. With Windows Firewall, no problem.

See this: http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?27037-NOD32-Antivirus-Updates-problem

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Back a few years ago when I was running NOD32 2.7 I believe it was, Look'n'Stop was working along side with zero conflicts and from what I remember that combo was extremely light on my system.

8. Dundertaker

I correct my earlier post. I have an ESS license so I can use it with Nod32. Saw this HERE

Maybe you can ask agoretsky if it can be. Might worth a try.

Your link shows a new post there with application rule images. I checked and it's the same as mine.

Your best bet is CIS ver5.10 with D+. Disable HIPS in Eset(you'd have to restart to take effect). In D+ settings excecution control place C:\Program Files\ESET and C:\Program Data\ESET( in tandem with placing both as trusted).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  9. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

Well i am using Eset with Outpost firewall pro without any problmes although the eset that i use is 4.2 and not 5.
    I have added each to exclusion list of the other and web control is enabled for OFP.

I have got no problems with updates,and yeah i use version 7.5.3 of OFP.

10. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

How is NOD32 going along with Online Armor on Win 7 64-bit? Just asking here.

11. Dundertaker

@arsenaloyal,

I see that run OP Pro ver7.5.3, how's your Attack Detection going..? There's a bug I encountered (and was confirmed) that's blocking legtimate sites so I went back to ver7.5.2.

@FanJ,

I haven't used Online Armor Premium with Nod32 yet on an x64 system. In a x32 system the pair made the pc a bit sluggish as compared to Comodo or Outpost. I am using Emsisoft Internet Security on x64 for about 5 months now and seems to working fine.

@Sacles,

Goodluck on your hunt for a firewall.

12. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi Dundertaker,

Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure whether I understand you right; sorry!
    Just for my info, are you saying that you are running both Emsisoft Internet Security and NOD32?

13. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

It would be better to just try the Online Armor part of the Emsisoft Internet Security package. Emsisoft Anti-Malware does not conflict with Nod32 as far as I know, but I wouldn't say it makes for optimal performance running the two together.

14. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks.

For now, I'll stick with the solution of the Windows Firewall (and my router with its firewall).

15. Dundertaker

Sorry I must have confused you. In my Windows 7 x32 setup I have run OA Premium and Nod32 side-by-side and the set-up/combi was a bit sluggish as compared to the same x32 setup with Comodo or Outpost + Nod32.

In my Windows 7 x64 setup I have "only Emsisoft IS as realtime".

16. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thank you Dundertaker and King Grub !

I have to think about it and make a decision what to choose when I finally (ough...) will get myself a Win 7 computer (I'm still on XP)....
    (I'm more from the AtGuard times a zillion years ago....)

17. Dundertaker

I have XP still in one partition though I rarely use it now. OA Premium and Nod32 on an XP SP3 32bit system is a bit sluggish also. Tried that combo last February then switched to Comodo. From there I tried that combo in the Win 7 x32 partition. The XP partition I reverted back to Avira IS 2012.

This Nod32 and Outpost Pro combination seems okay though OP is a bit noisy than Comodo.

Cheers!

18. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

On one of my computers I'm using Outpost Firewall Pro with NOD32. Absolutely no problems. Real-time antispyware is disabled on the firewall.

19. Dundertaker

Same here. AS - realtime is disabled. I enabled WebControl though. :)

20. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

I think it would be a off topic post here as we are not discussing outpost firewall pro, but NOD32 with a firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.