What Does This Mean?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rckowal, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rckowal

rckowal Registered Member

Following the re-format & partitioning of a new secondary SATA hard drive using Maxtor Maxblast utility: When I open True Image 9 (build 2289) I get the following popup message.

"Failed to read from the sector 63 of hard disk 2"!

What does this mean? Can it be ignored or should some action be taken to clear this read failure?

My intent is to end up with five partitions on this drive. They will be cloned for a backup of Windows XP MCE O/S, as well as other data & applications files. Once it's created & tested; to be sure that it will boot on its own (reconfigured to be the primary), the drive will be removed from the PC. It will then be stored until needed to replace the primary in the event of non-recoverable failure. It would also be used for restoration/recovery using TI9.

Help will be much appreciated.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello rckowal,

To be honest, the first thing I would do is download and install the latest build (2337) and see what happens. Remember to uninstall your current build via Windows "Add or Remove Programs" prior to installing the new build.

Regards

3. rckowal

Hi Menorcaman, I'm back up on the hill again, looking for advice from the knowledgeable gurus.

You've aroused my curiosity. Your "honest" suggestion sounds sort of tentative. Reading between the lines, are you unsure but guessing it might work? Or is this a known bug that may have been fixed in Build 2337? Regardless, I'll try it & let you know what happened.

Cheers

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rckowal,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As Menorcaman said, you should install the latest update (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 at first which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. rckowal

Hi Tatyana, Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I have already found a solution. To me, at least, it looks like I did.

After researching the forum for similar issues, there seemed to be some emphasis placed on uninstalling prior versions of True Image before installing newer ones. Having been unaware of this previously, I recalled that I had installed T.I. 9.0 over the top of T.I. 7.0.

When I checked in Windows "add/remove" programs I found no listing to enable an uninstall of T.I. 9. So, I did a manual uninstall of all files including those in the registry. Since I clean installed T.I. 9.0; I no longer get that "failed to read sector" error upon starting.

Besides Tatyana, I have been uable to get the products update page of Acronis web site to work for me. Maybe it's because mine is a beta version. But regardless, I can't even log in (when I try, it just sends me back to register). I had previously registered to create an account (when I started beta testing of T.I. 7.0) but have never been able to figure out how to get the product registration page to work.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi rckowal,

I'm not sure whether it will help but have a look at my reply at Post #2 in this previous thread titled <Can't update 9.0>

7. rckowal

Hi Menorcam, Thanks again for all the help.

I looked at your link but it doesn't seem to apply in my case. I try to log in (I'm definitely registered) but am told that my my email or password is incorrect. I have updated my password three times now. Obviously my email is correct, since the web site shows it properly. Also, support sends me the updated paswords ok. But regardless of what I try, it keeps flipping me back to the "incorrect email or password" message.

I've sent a note to beta team support asking for help. Maybe that will clear up the mystery.

Cheers (Is that term dated now? I haven't been to the UK since 199:cool:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.