SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 Pre-Release - Final Has Been Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hayc59, May 18, 2014.

1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

@Mops21 Updated, thanks.

@sas_dave
    I have few suggestions.
    In the tray menu, each command directs to the proper Window. For example, the Help lets us open Help & Information. But, Scan for Spyware, Adware, Malware... opens the Main UI, shouldn't that open Scan This Computer module? You may consider adding another entry for Open the Program to open the Main GUI. You may even consider to remove Tell a Friend About SuperAntiSpyware entry from Tray menu.

2. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

These versions are just minor builds and so not mentioned in their website.
    There indeed is SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0.1128.
    2014-08-08_202415.png
    @Mops21 Please continue to update us.

4. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I certainly wouldn't call it spam, as his posts do inform us that a maintenance update is available to install, which is helpful since the program update feature is currently disabled. But I do agree posting the "changelog" that only points to the "6.0 announcement" is not helpful.

5. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I think you dont know Mops21, the "official" spam bot from Wilders, but okay I will stop here after I post these links :p

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/emsisoft-anti-malware-6-5-released.322831/page-4 (page 5 is even funnier)
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/emsisoft-anti-malware-9-released.365088/page-2#post-2383498

6. DBone

DBone Registered Member

ahhhhhh :eek:

7. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Sooo.. is this program any good now does it actually catch anything? I'm not reading through all 9 pages, is it or not?

8. sas_dave

sas_dave Registered Member

@daman1
    The significant changes in this version include a partial rewrite to improve overall performance, an updated UI and the new System Investigator tool to aid in manual detection & removal.

Since our scanning & removal engine is quite mature, there won't be much change to detection rates from version to version. Detections are tied to the malware database, which our research staff updates several times per day. Does it actually catch anything? You betcha! I checked out our anonymous threat reporting database for you.. we had 3.2 million non-cookie detections on users' machines in the last 30 days... that's infections, not individual items (one infection is usually comprised of several files or registry entries).

9. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

@sas_dave
    I think you missed the above post. :)

10. sas_dave

@sg09
    It wouldn't hurt to revamp the system tray options; they've been that way since the beginning of time... I think the way the UI was changed for 6.0 is what makes that scan option seem odd (the scan type selection is a radio button on the home screen for 5.7, so it made more sense). We may make some adjustments there in a future version.

11. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

12. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Ok..

13. SUPERAntiSpyware1

SUPERAntiSpyware1 Registered Member

SUPERAntiSpyware 6 was released into our update servers today. I wanted to personally thank all of you for your help and support in the process of releasing this version.

Thank You
    Don Fowler
    www.superantispyware.com
    www.support.com

14. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Updated, thanks.

15. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

16. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Totally agree with you,mods should take some actions as this person (bot) is extremely annoying,disturbing and he (she,it) is really spamming the threads.

17. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I got the new program update notice, and clicked download or install (whatever the button was labeled) and window popped up and I hit next, then nothing. All of my shortcuts no longer worked, and I couldn't start SAS. Had to uninstall (it still showed in programs and features) and reinstall.

W7 x64 SP1

18. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Forgot to add that UAC is disabled and no other RT anti malware is on machine.

19. sas_dave

Yikes. I wonder what happened there... Sounds like there may have been an error replacing the main program executable. We'll keep an eye out for additional reports like this, it may have just been a fluke

20. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I decided to do a complete uninstall of SAS and fresh install after getting the automatic new program update . [It was this update that caused stability problems, i.e. excessive usage problems.] Luckily, I had made a very recent restore point in XP, and I successfully restored my system, and this allowed for the fresh install, which got rid of the excessive cpu problem, initially caused by the automatic upgrade.

Lo and behold, when I looked at my computer this morning I was greeted by the results of an automatic scan, which I had not scheduled. I wasn't happy. Apparently, this was setup automatically, after the fresh install.

Some of the results from the scan and which I know that one at least is a false positive.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
    http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/14/2014 at 03:30 AM

Application Version : 6.0.1130
    Database Version : 11433

Scan type : Complete Scan
    Total Scan Time : 01:29:37

Operating System Information
    Windows XP Professional 32-bit, Service Pack 3 (Build 5.01.2600)
    Administrator

Memory items scanned : 558
    Memory threats detected : 0
    Registry items scanned : 34970
    Registry threats detected : 0
    File items scanned : 67032
    File threats detected : 14

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Dropper
    C:\$ISR\1\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\PROCESSLASSO\PL4SFX.EXE
    C:\$ISR\2\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\PROCESSLASSO\PL4SFX.EXE
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\PROCESSLASSO\PL4SFX.EXE

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Sirefef
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\FREEPORTEXPLORER\FREEPORTEXPLORER.EXE
    C:\$ISR\1\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<MyName>\START MENU\PROGRAMS\FREE PORT EXPLORER\FREEPORTEXPLORER.LNK
    C:\$ISR\1\PROGRAM FILES\FREEPORTEXPLORER\FREEPORTEXPLORER.EXE
    C:\$ISR\2\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<MyName>\START MENU\PROGRAMS\FREE PORT EXPLORER\FREEPORTEXPLORER.LNK
    C:\$ISR\2\PROGRAM FILES\FREEPORTEXPLORER\FREEPORTEXPLORER.EXE
    C:\$ISR\2\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{EAF808E9-A451-4F6F-ACB7-2EE5AF7CB4E6}\RP1\A0000335.LNK
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<MyName>\START MENU\PROGRAMS\FREE PORT EXPLORER\FREEPORTEXPLORER.LNK

Adware.Tracking Cookie
    cdn.gotraffic.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<MyName>\APPLICATION DATA\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\LYEEGBD6 ]

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Downloader
    F:\H DRIVE BACKUP 22-2-2011\DOWNLOADS COPY\DOWNLOADS\ANTIPHORM_LITE_FULL_DOWNLOAD.EXE
    F:\VERIFIED_ANTIPHORM_LITE.EXE

Heur.Agent/Gen-Whitebox
    F:\UNUSED DESKTOP SHORTCUTS\BSD_SETUP_EN.EXE

============================================
    Scheduled Scan - Automatic Removal Results
    ============================================

Items scheduled for automatic removal:
    C:\$ISR\1\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\PROCESSLASSO\PL4SFX.EXE
    C:\$ISR\2\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\PROCESSLASSO\PL4SFX.EXE
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\PROCESSLASSO\PL4SFX.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\FREEPORTEXPLORER\FREEPORTEXPLORER.EXE
    C:\$ISR\1\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\<MyName>\START MENU\PROGRAMS\FREE PORT

.....etc

I have since, disabled this unwanted scheduled scan, which was unwittingly set up automatically.

ScreenShot_SAS_Disabled schedule scan_01.gif

21. sas_dave

Fresh installs of SAS Pro have always had the 'pro' features enabled (Real-time, automatic updates & a default scheduled scan). Maybe in a future version we can walk new installs through those options instead, sounds like it might be a good thing.

If there were false positives in your scan, restoring them from your quarantine will add the item to the trusted list, preventing redetection.

22. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Thanks, for considering.

Done and dusted. ;)

ScreenShot_SAS_restored items from quarantine_01.gif ... ScreenShot_SAS_restored items from quarantine_02.gif

23. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Nice to find SAS is still alive and kicking. It's taken a lot of criticism but then all of them do in here :argh::argh:

24. sas_dave

Negative feedback drives improvements...keep it comin! :D

25. siketa

siketa Registered Member

SAS needs detection improvement.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.