Spywareblaster and McAfee update

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hubbe, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubbe

hubbe Registered Member

I´ll din an McAfee update today and after the restart I got a Virus/Worm warning : "W32/Goabot.worm.gen.e" in the file "spywareblaser.exe". I did run a virusscan and deletet the "infectet" file...after that Spywareblaster dont work anymore and I can´t reinsall it, because the file "spywareblaser.exe" is blockt.. can anybody help me with that o_O
    (sorry for my bad english)
    Hubbe

2. lyeric

lyeric Registered Member

It's the sbautoupdate.exe file that is now detected as "infected" by McAfee as W32/Gaobot.worm.gen.e. McAfee's website says that their "generic" Gaobot virus definition file was "updated" with the latest 4368 DAT file. It tries to detect over 900 variants of the Gaobot worm, so this new file is probably overreaching in its attempts to protect against Gaobot and is giving false positives. Unfortunately for Javacool Software, McAfee also finds the "infected" file during installation, so all McAfee users will have a very hard time installing Spywareblaster.

3. hubbe

hubbe Registered Member

Thank´s for the answer, that was "bad news" I hope McAfee fix that problem with a later update....
    Hubbe

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.