Spyware Blaster Wont Run - Installed VB 'n MS

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by tian, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tian

tian Guest

Hi all, for some reason I can't get spyware blaster to run on this computer except in safe mode. I was able to get the newest updates in via manual replacement of the old files but it would only run in safe mode. Quite mysterious. My windows Xp Pro sp2 is fully up to date in terms of windows updates, i have spybot search and destroy and adaware se personal but spyware just won't run (whereas the other 2 would)

<snip>

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2004
  2. tian

tian Guest

When i click on spyware blaster, the hourglass comes and then just disappears and i don't even see it in the task manager.

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi tian,

I removed your HJT log as I am afraid we no longer allow the posting of unsolicited HijackThis logs as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement. However, you will find a link in the Announcement Post to several other sites that still do provide HijackThis log analysis service.

You may also click on the ASAP in my signature and it will take you to the ASAP page that lists sites that accept HijackThis log submissions.

Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your HijackThis log.

We still may be able to help you though. What do you mean by "I can't get spyware blaster to run"? Do you try to run it and nothing happens? Or does SB try to run and you get an error message? Provide as many details as you can and we will see if we can solve it....

4. tian

tian Guest

i'm sorry about posting the log as i wasn't aware of the policy (shame on me!)

I am currently unable to get spyware blaster to run - that means that after installation, i can't double click on the icon and bring up the program for some reason.

I searched the forums and found a bit of advice that recommending going into safe mode and trying it - when i did, i found that i could in fact run spyware blaster and thats where i made my enablings and such. However I'm still not able to open it in regular windows mode.

Are there any system requirements necessary to run spyware blaster? The fact that it ran in safe mode probably means that i fullfill those requirements, however, i don't know what else to do. I was able to get spywareguard to run fine tho.

Any suggestions?

5. tian

tian Guest

i didn't answer one of ur questions:

after clicking to run spyware blaster, nothing happens - no error msgs no runtime faults no nothing. the hour glass pops up and goes away and i can click on spyware as many times as i want with nothing happening.

i've checked the task manager and it doesn't even show that spyware blaster was even attempted to be loaded.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Have you tried to remove SB and reinstall it? ,it has worked before.

7. puff-m-d

Hi tian,

Have you looked at THIS THREAD and tried the different solutions to problems there. Even though you are not getting an error message, one of those fixes may help you. Those are the only requirements for SB to work properly that I know of.

8. tian

tian Guest

I did it (reinstall from my original *.exe as well as redownloading from numerous difference sites) numerous, NUMEROUS times but to no success...everytime whenever i try to start it it just won't start - no error msgs no nothing.

9. tian

tian Guest

1) try safe mode: i did try this and was the onyl way i could get spywareblaster to run after installation (to update the signitures, i manually downloaded all updates and replaced the original files in the spyware blaster folder) however, it still doesn't run OUTSIDE of safe mode.

2) vbrn60sp5 - i redownloaded/reinstalled this and applied, restarted the computer, and tried again to nosucess.

3) mscomctl.ocx - i redownloaded/reinstalled and applied to no success

4) runtime error - i tried it but it doesn't allow spyware blaster to start

is there nothing else i can do? =/

10. puff-m-d

Hello tian,

Very good last post. If someone else does not have an idea, I have no more suggestions. Javacool will be on sometime if no one else replies and look at your problem. Just have a little patience as it being a holiday weekend, I do not know when javacool will be back on line. He should have enough info from your post already to troubleshoot your problem but if he does not, he will ask ;) ...

Sorry I could not have been of more help....

11. tian

tian Guest

it's ok - u've been very supportive and acknowledged that my troubleshooting steps were correct, despite less than successful yields - thank you once again ur effort and once again sry about the hjt post~ i hope javacool'll be able to solve this! :)

thanks once again!

12. puff-m-d

Hi tian,

You are most welcome ;) .

If no one else can solve your problem than javacool can :D cause he's the man :cool: ....

But seriously, :ninja: just give JC some time to check out this thread and I am sure he can help ;) ...

13. chimpo

chimpo Guest

I have exactly the same problem.. I am running XP pro on a Dell Dim 8250 with 500MB RDRAM
    I cleaned my system using spybot S&D.. Ad-Aware.. spyware doctor.. spysubtract .. NAV scan.. trend micro house call..
    turned off system restore ran all again in safe mode..
    Checked for unfriendly bho's using bho demon ..
    Defragged my system using O&O Defrag V6 6.5 pro
    I have XP firewall turned on and use Zone Alarm firewall
    I have used spyware blaster before but it stopped working .. that is it would not open up when I clicked on the shortcut.. so I uninstalled it a couple of weeks ago.. however after re-installation it still won't open or run..

Any help?

14. tian

tian Guest

by any chance chimpo, do you have AOL? i'm troubling shooting this comp for my friend and they have AOL which has a lot of extra baggage associated with it that i don't completely understand...

15. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

This is certainly a strange issue - to start troubleshooting I'll need both of you (tian and chimpo) to send an e-mail to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com .

Please include in the e-mail:
    -Mention of this thread
    -Your nickname used in this thread (or on the forums)

My hope is to have a special testing version for both of you in a short while, but it may be a week or two. Thanks for your patience! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

16. chimpo

chimpo Guest

Sorry ... I use Earthlink/comcast .. I stay away from AOL...

17. Chimpo

Chimpo Guest

Very Interesting.. I just downloaded the security fix for my sun java VM that is JRE which fixes some security problems it had and lo and behold I cand now download and use spyware blaster !

18. Gero

Gero Guest

Same here on fresh install XPSP2 (VMWARE and on disk)

Gero

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.