New member requesting direction

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by rendover, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rendover

rendover Registered Member

Greetings to all. Not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread but I had to start someplace. I have persistent and, it seems, unremovable parasites
    that cause pop-ups and redirects. I have installed Spyware Detector, Adaware, Spybot, AVG, NetCom3 and all the Windows XP security updates available. I'm probably running in circles trying to clean my PC but I am at a loss.:oops: If anyone has suggestions they would be appreciated.
    The following continue to show up and I am unable to remove them:
    zedo + virtumonde + Zlob. I can't find where to set 'Privacy" settings for Internet Options in the registry. Please assist.

Thank you! -- Rendover

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello rendover,

Welcome to Wilders!

Head to the forum of your choice as listed in this Announcement, follow directions, and an expert will help you find the critters on your computer.

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

please download and run a full scan of drweb's CureIT!

link in my sig.

its free and doesnt require installation.

good luck ;)

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Loose Spyware Detector :thumbd:
    and NetCom3 :thumbd:
    RogueRemover

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Welcome Rendover,

Stick to Ron's advice, choose a site, post. Wanna waste time and dabble?

Zedo (dated info, find a forum) - http://www.pchell.com/support/poweredbyzedo.shtml

Virtumonde - http://forums.whatthetech.com/How_to_remove_Trojan_Virtumonde_t86255.html

Zlob/Smitfraud may be more involved. AVG which you ran and SuperAntiSpyware from the link that follow's are known to handle the generic's. If serious you'll better serve yourself by getting quickly underway with an hjt posting, that or reinstall.

http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview

GF

6. Jomsviking

Jomsviking Registered Member

Hello rendover

I second the other members' advice about using SUPERAntispyware, CureIT and posting a hijackthis or AVZ log in one of the recommended forums.

But, realistically speaking, the infections you named are serious and often very hard to completely remove. Difficult to evaluate to which point the system has been compromised. Your best and fastest bet would be to save all important data (be sure to scan it thoroughly before reinstalling) and nuke the disk(s).

7. rendover

rendover Registered Member

Many thanks to Ron, CSJ, LoneWolf, GlobalForce and Jomsviking for your prompt replies and advice. I will attempt to organize a concise post to the correct forum and in the meantime employ the suggestions you have enumerated. I am leary of 'nuking' my hard disk because of my lack of experience in technical knowledge of the finer points of the CPU. However I'll not give up trying to kill these little pains in the arse. Thank you all again!

Rendover:thumb:

8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Thanks LoneWolf. Some handy little tools I was unaware of. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.