NEED HELP

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by heretohelp, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heretohelp

heretohelp Registered Member

Hey, I am 14 years old, so sorry my knowledge is minimum.
    I've been working on fixing my computer, every time i pressed enter my programs would close, and i couldnt open ie explorer, they were viruses so i cleaned that up.
    i used AVG, afterwards i had to restart.now i booted my computer up, and try to play the game i love, 9dragons. but for some reason it says, open with.
    and gives me a list i try to go to the file inwhich its targeted to to open with that, but it wont work. all my files do this now and all my programs. and non of them did so before.
    ALSO
    i get this error

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
    application is not found

trying to access things in my controll panel to try and fix my problem.
    also a bunch of files gone missing for example help and support. (came with comp)
    set program acess and default, and many more.
    it says
    whatever the file is.exe
    application not found.

almost everything is like this now, i try to do system restore but it is under help and support which
    "helpctr.exe"
    application not found.

PLEASE HELP ASAP
    before i just complete clean out the harddrive and redo everything which could take days.
    thanks ^^

P.S.
    sorry i couldnt find out what topic this goes under

2. heretohelp

P.S. again

i have a Dell, Windows XP service pack 2

i tried to right click computer and press properties but, the error again comes up with the windows\system32\rundll thingy migigy...
    >.< making me mad..

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

4. heretohelp

thank you, but before i do that im uploading a video on youtube showing the exact problem's.
    if you would please watch as soon as its done uploading i will postt it here

5. heretohelp

man at that geekstogo place they help everyone but dont even look at mine.
    they posted so many others post in the malaware removal since i posted mine like 20 minutes ago, but noone even looked at mine yet.

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The people getting replies there are not from brand new topics, but, from those that were already in progress. It's a very busy place, however, they have forum modifications in place that allow them to find posts that are not replied to. But, it takes a lot longer than 20 minutes to get someone assigned to your thread. Likely hours, in fact. If you bump your own thread after only minutes asking why you aren't getting help, you'll probably never get any help.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you are the Jacob_Hollis member, it appears you posted 10 minutes ago and only one other thread besides yours has been attented to :doubt:

In any case, almost all the malware cleaning forums are busy to the gills and the volunteers do a yo mans job. They will get to as mnay as they can when they can.

Geeks2Go.JPG

8. Seer

Seer Registered Member

well, if things are really messed up as you say in your initial post, a complete reformat may be if not the only, then the quickest and safest solution at least. Fixing such a messed machine can easily take a few days too, if you consider the manner of correspondence on forums. A few hours, even days, can pass between replies in a thread.

9. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

From my experience, days was more accurate.

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Instant gratification, not patience, seems the norm these days...

Or weeks and never in some cases(overwhelmed). :argh:

snowbound

11. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Follow all the steps listed here or it's likely your post will not receive an answer at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.