my pc is sending spam :(

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by zelenyzachod, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelenyzachod

zelenyzachod Registered Member

hi,

i've executed downloaded exe file by mistake and everything has began :)
    please, do not tell me, that it was my fault, i already know it :)
    and i cannot find that exe file again and i do not know, where i've downloaded it :(

1. sends loads of emails when I connect to the internet
    2. notepad not working(to protect this computer windows needs to close this program)
    3. boot.ini blocked
    4. hidden files/folders no longer available / even if i uncheck the option in explorer, after clicking OK it is the same :(
    5. combofix, smitfradufix are closed right after startup without any result (in safemode as well)
    6. i've tried SDFix in safe mode, but there were many 16bit error popups, therefore I assume, it was usesles,.. and maybe it caused more problems
    7. i've tried spywareterminator (no success), ccleaner (no success), awast (no success), nod (no success), symantec antivirus (no succes .. but this always showed me a process of scannig outcomming spam mails .. that was the way I realized, that there is a problem)

i've attached:
    - log from runscanner
    - log from hijackthis

i need my computer for work asap, and i'm paralyzed :( .. could you, please, take a look on this? i'd be very thankfull :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

This is the best advice for now.

If you wish to try things in the interim, focus on steps that do not require a formal software installation. Items such as standalone scanners such as Dr Web CureIt would be an example of this. However, if you are unsure at any step, keep in mind that you may end up making the problem worse and should wait for directed assistance from one of the sites mentioned in the referenced thread.

Blue

4. noway

noway Registered Member

While not connected to the internet, start backing up your important stuff, if you haven't already.

You didn't mention your operating system. If you have system restore, have you tried it? If not, you could format the drive and start using a drive image program so that problems like this can be fixed in a minute or two next time.

Do not connect to the internet until this is fixed.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

If there was any decent backup, the problem would have been fixed already and certainly for a computer that is needed for work. I hope the OP learned alot from this situation and will take precautions in the future.

6. HURST

HURST Registered Member

It seems that the best solution would be a reformat...

7. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

8. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I would reccomend trying to paste your hijackthis log on hijackthis.de, where they have a huge database of trusted and dangerous apps, along with user comments.

Also I reccomend trying to do a system scan with SUPERAnti Spyware and Ewido Micro Scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.