Linux Agent problem on Windows XP and Centos 4.4 on Dell 2850

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by carukc, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carukc

carukc Registered Member

I am having trouble with the True Image Linux Agent. It will not back up a disk or files from our Windows XP based backup server.

We have Dell 2850 with SCSI RAID Array (factory fit) running Centos 4.4.
    Centos is fully up to date (using protected packages only).

Our backup / image server is running Windows XP SP2 with all service packs installed.

I started by installing build 3854 of:

- True Image Enterprise server
    - True Image Management Console
    - Acronions Backup Server.

and extracting 'True Image Agent for Linux'

Initially I had trouble installing the Linux Agent because I did not have the kernel development tools installed on our server. After some research I was able to update our instalation and install AcronisTrueImageLinuxEnterprise.i586.

Next I logged into the backup server using the management console and created an administrative profile for the linux server. I left the default backup location in place: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer\Backups' and accepted all default values.

Next I connected to the remote server using it's name, root account and appropriate password.

After logging in I select 'Backup' and select 'The entire disk contents or individual partition' [next]

This causes the error E000101F4: Application Module error Cannot find necessary Acronis... modules...

If instead, I select 'Files and Folders' I get to the next screen and can see a list of directories and files.

If I select the root directory (/) [next]

and accept the default values (Exclude - *.bak, *.~ *.tmp) [next]

This causes the error E000101F4: Application Module error Cannot find necessary Acronis... modules...

If I click on this error I then get to the 'Backup Arcive Location' Screen. Here I enter the default directory and file name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer\Backups\MyBackup.tib' [next]

I then see the 'Select Backup Mode' screen and select 'Create new full backup archive' [next]

When asked I select 'Use default options' [next]

and leave the comments blank [next]

This causes the error E00130002: File does not exist. Please contact Acronis Support Team...
    File does not exist. (0x130002)
    Tag = 0x47A5347F83E4E64F

If I Ignore this error and [back] all the way back to the 'Source Files Selection' screen and select only one directory (/bin) [next]

and then [next] all the way back to the comments [next] then allows me to proceed with the following conformation:

Create Full Backup Archive
    To file:"C: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer\Backups\MyBackup.tib"
    Compression:Normal
    Exclude:Files matching mask
    Match criterion:*.bak, *.~, *.tmp,

Operation 1 of 1
    Backup files and folders:
    "/bin/"

[Proceed]

This sits with the comment 'Preparing...' for a very long time (hours or until I press [Hide].

The log file reads success but no backup is taken. The log file looks like this:

<log build="3854" product="Acronis True Image Enterprise Server" uuid="B4C77235-7109-1D39-6069-02A671F040B7" version="9.1">
    <event code="2" id="1" message="The "Current backup operation" operation started" module="100" time="1168979926" type="2" />
    <event code="11" id="2" message="Priority changed to Low priority" module="100" time="1168979926" type="3" />
    <event code="0" id="3" message="Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '/'. Backup operation will not snapshot that path." module="11" time="1168979926" type="3" />
    <event code="0" id="4" message="Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '/bin/'. Backup operation will not snapshot that path." module="11" time="1168979926" type="3" />
    <event code="1008" id="5" message="<bold>Create Full Backup Archive</bold><endl/><tabpoint value=30><indent value=4>From: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">/bin/</textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/>To file: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">"/C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer\Backups\MyBackup.tib"</textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/>Compression: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">Normal</textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/>Exclude: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">Files matching mask</textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/>Match criterion: <indent value=10><textcolor value="navyblue">*.bak, *.~, *.tmp, </textcolor></indent><indent value=4><endl/></indent>" module="1" time="1168979926" type="2" />
    <event code="6" id="6" message="Operation has succeeded." module="100" time="1168979926" type="2" />
    </log>

Note the errors:
    Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '/'. Backup operation will not snapshot that path.
    Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '/bin/'. Backup operation will not snapshot that path

Additionally I also get the error:

E000101F4: Application Module error Cannot find necessary Acronis... modules...

when I try to use the 'Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard'

I have tried to install the 'True Image Agent for Windows' and backup both files and partitions. This seems to work.

My best guess is that the problem has something to do with the way that I am specifying the backup path but despite trying every kind of linux or Windows URI that I can think of. Although likely a problem on the Linux side I have also included the report.txt file.

Further to this posting I have tried installing the Linux trieal version of TrueImageServer9 and am seeing the same message:
    E000101F4: Application Module error Cannot find necessary Acronis... modules... Please reinstall...

When trying to start a backup.

I found this posting: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=125059 that describes the same problem but does not provide a solution. I tried downloading the Linux reporting tool as mentioned in that listing but the link contained there is dead.

I've gone over the guide several times but must have missed something.

I'm stumped. Please assist.

Many Thanks
    Chris

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello carukc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the error message " E000101F4: Application Module error Cannot find necessary Acronis... modules..." indicates that snapapi kernel module was not built. Please refer to this article to solve the issue. The error "Failed to determine corresponding partition for path '/'. Backup operation will not snapshot that path." also related with snapapi module.

Please note that you will not be able to create the file-based backup of the root directory since it contains specific directories like /proc and /dev that can not be backed up using this approach.

Please note that if you wish to store the image archive to the Acronis Backup Server you should select it from the special section in the drives tree (check the screen shot). Also there the file name will be created automatically. You can find the more in chapter 3.5 "Acronis Backup Server" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice