How to install TI 9.1 on Fedora Core 4

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Max73, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max73

Max73 Registered Member

Hi,

I am pretty new in the Linux world. Could anyone give me a detailed step-by-step instruction on How to install TrueImageServer for Linux 9.1 on Fedora Core 4. I downloaded TrueImageServer9.1_d_en.tar.gz from Acronis and did't manage to install it so far. What to do from this point? (instructions in the user guide did't help me - they are not as detailed as I need).

Thanks in advance.

2. Max73

Max73 Registered Member

Please: How to install TI 9.1 on Fedora Core 4

Could somebody help me, please!!!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Please: How to install TI 9.1 on Fedora Core 4

Hello Max73,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what instructions from Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux Users Guide you are not able to perform? Please describe your conseuqent steps taken during the attempt to install the program.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Max73

Max73 Registered Member

Hi,

Thank you for your time.

I have read these instructions from the User Guide:

2.2 Installing Acronis True Image Server for Linux To install Acronis True Image Server for Linux:

1. Assign to the setup file the attribute Executable
    2. Run the setup process
    3. Follow setup program instructions. If the setup could not compile the necessary module for your Linux distribution, please refer to the file HOWTO.INSTALL.

This is very strange to me. I am new in the Linux world, I so far I only installed RPM's from Fedora installation disk. Basically, I need explanation for all three steps. I have downloaded TrueImageServer9.1_d_en.tar.gz and then got stuck. Don't know what to do with this file. Tried to open this archive and found four RPM's in it.Tried to install them one by one. Then tried to start GUI with bash#trueimage, upon main window of application has showed I received the error message: E000101F4:Application Module Error --- Cannot find necessary Acronis True Image Server module. Please reinstall Acronis True Image Server.

I am sure that I did it completely wrong, so I need your help from the beginning (From the point that I have TrueImageServer9.1_d_en.tar.gz file on my disc).

Thank you very much.

5. Max73

Max73 Registered Member

Hi,

I am counting on Aleksandr Stankov from Acronis Support to help me with this. I was very pleased when heard from him, but I haven't heard from him since 3 days ago.

Please, help me. I am becoming very desperate.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Max73,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Linux System Report utility;

- Run the following command: # chmod +x /path_to_downloaded_file/sysinfo

- Run the sysinfo file;

- Collect the .tar file created;

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Please indicate that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva in the subject of your request, briefly describe the issue and provide the link to this thread along with the collected .tar file. Marian will certainly provide you with the further instructions on how to install the software.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  7. sfoster

sfoster Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. The tar file doesn't appear to have a setup file in it and after installing all the RPM's manually TrueImage launches but complains about modules missing and in the end doesn't work. Is there a fix for this? I just paid for this product and I'd like to have it working.

Thank you,
    Scott

8. Acronis Support

Hello Scott,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions provided by Alexey and send us the requested information. We will certainly try to help you to find a solution for this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.