Issue with Comodo Antispam?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by digitalshow, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitalshow

digitalshow Registered Member

Been using Nod32 and Comodo Firewall with no problems... so I decided to give Comodos Antispam product a try.

After I installed it... Nod32 now says (everytime I boot the computer):

"The network configuration was changed and IMON has updated the necessary settings accordingly. For changes to take effect, please restart the computer."

Does that mean these the antispam and nod32 do not play well together? Everything seems to work...but I have only been testing it about 2 hours.

Thanks,
    Tony B.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi digitalshow, welcome to Wilders.

I would try repairing Winsock and then IMON as described HERE

Cheers :D

3. digitalshow

Not to worry. Even though I love the comodo firewall...I was not so happy with their antispam product...so I uninstalled it and everything is cool with NOD32 again.

(Just a quick plug for Nod...) We decided to look at different antivirus solutions because ZoneAlarm got really buggy with it's last upgrade...and in the process of testing Nod32...we found it caught about 10 things (viruses/trojans) that Zone had just missed on the same computer.

Now if we can just find a good spam solution we will be complete with our switch.

Thanks,
    Tony B.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Take a look at using Thunderbird with its powerful Junkmail filter, I'm impressed, as well ESET have their version 3.0 Smart Suite coming within the next few months once Beta testing has been completed.

Cheers :D

5. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

6. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

The spam terrier is a pretty good anti spam.
    You could try

7. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

I'm trying Spam Terrier as suggested. I keep getting an annoying pop-up in M.S. Outlook to the effect that a program is trying to access addresses stored in my address book. There is a drop down window in the pop-up asking for how long such access is`allowed. As I set my mail check for every fifteen minutes this is a real pest.
    How may I disable this security question in Outlook?
    Thanks.

8. digitalshow

Thanks - I installed it and I am in the process of letting it scan my current folders to "train" it. Looks cool so far and Nod32 doesn't seem to care it's there. Will let you know how it goes.

9. digitalshow

Just a quick follow up on Spam Terrier. I have been running it since yesterday and have had no luck in actually removing spam. Something seems to not be working correctly with it's "learning" system. I have a question posted on their forums and will let you know how it goes. Besides the fact it isn't detecting the spam...I actually like the interface/features it has...so hopefully it will be an easy fix.
    Tony B.

10. digitalshow

Haven't been able to get any help on their forums so I am going to move on and try some other programs. Looking at either Inboxer or Cloudmark desktop.

Will let you know how they work with Nod32.

11. digitalshow

Ok...I tried inboxer and it didn't do a very good job of catching spam (did not uninstall easily either). So the winner for me ended up being Cloudmark Desktop. It definetly has caught the most spam right off the bat and it seems very stable with Nod32.

Thanks,
    Tony B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.