Effect of Spoofing from 85.255.115.221 on Firefox 2?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Alabaster, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alabaster

Alabaster Registered Member

I was spoofed from a Google-Search to 85.255.115.221 (instead of produkte24.com) and FF started popping up a Window which wanted to "search for malware". I immediately finished my Firefox session but of course I wasn't able to reproduce the attack (as described in https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136452&highlight=85.255.115.221 and https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=175666&highlight=85.255.115.221)
    How can I find out, if my computer picked up malicious software?
    I have Avast running which didn't notice anything but that means nothing of course.
    All threads mentioning 85.255.115.221 speak only of IE being attacked, but the popup (my FF is configured to prevent popups!) seems to indicate that they might have come up with something for FF2-users.

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello alabaster,

The very best thing you could would be to post a log at one of the forums listed in this Announcement and have an expert go over your log.

4. Alabaster

Alabaster Registered Member

Thanks for your help, I ran hijackthis but the logs were clean
    (no suspicous software, nameserver in the tcp-ip settings was not redirected, no malicous hosts entries).
    So I assume, that google actually presents redirected pages.
    I excluded ukrainia from my router, so I hope, this was the last thing I heard from 85.255.112.0/20.

5. noway

noway Registered Member

What if you downloaded something that, as part of its abilities, was hiding itself where you have been looking and removing its presence from any (HJT, etc) logs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.