Data execution prevention & hips problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Eh_Greg, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eh_Greg

Eh_Greg Registered Member

Omg can anyone tell me why it is that I keep having trouble with some hips/antimalware programs on this OEM installion ? Its happened with Online Armor and now Mamutu. I'm just goint to attach the log file here because I am only trying out different things. No, I don't really care much for the idea of getting rid of The OEM completely via Nlite or whatever although I am guessing this wouldn't happen if I did. All I know for sure is that there is an exeplorer.exe error and that explorer.exe gets added to the DEP list unchecked (no checkmark). This has been with the latest Online Armor and Mamutu. I have DEP turned on for all programs and services except those I choose. Microsoft help & support is on the list checkmarked by default.

I only run Comodo 2.4 and Avira when I have tried these hips.

Attached Files:

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Greg,

See what you make of the information in this thread. Continue with the link listed in it's final post.
    In addition, are you stating that you're unable to exclude explorer from dep's protection list?

GF

3. Eh_Greg

Eh_Greg Registered Member

No I guess I could exclude it from the protection list but I'd rather not. explorer just gets put on the list, See attached image. Soon after I install the aforementioned hips, I get a c0000005 (access violation) and explorer will keeep restarting Unless I turn the hips off.

Attached Files:

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Let me ask, were you able to download and run any of the memory diagnostic's mentioned on arstechnica? *Memory check update. These error's begin out of the blue? If your box was delivered with XP installed, have you changed or upgraded any hardware (kboard, mismatched ram mods)? How 'bout the psu (power supply); delivered with your existing hardware? How old?

Now I'm no expert Greg, if you wanna do this right I'd suggest configuring your box to dwnld the appropriate symbol's package, then politely asking the fine people that mind the board's over on windowsbbs if they'd kindly review your log. They're one of a few group's that'll be able to diagnose your box and offer a constructive course of action.

*Should you have question's or need help getting everything staged, register, then present your concern's.

GF

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  5. R0gue

R0gue Registered Member

DATA EXECUTION ERROR. Is a pain in the A$$. But I have over come this issue, its mainly happens with any video files. The only way I have found how to solve it. Is to DELETE every video file you have. Most likely one of the recent video files has trojons attached to the video files, once you start getting the error the issue has spread to all file of the same type. If it happens, i just delete all video files & clear the recycle bin & reset computer. the issue then goes away.

6. Arup

Arup Guest

Funny, I have DEP enabled for all since the early days of DEP and not even once I have had any issues.

7. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Is DEP present by default in all XP versions (Home and Professional)?
    If this is the case, where can I find it?

8. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

SP2 brought DEP onto the scene.

You'll find it in System Properties (System icon on control pane), the Advanced tab, and hit the Performance settings button, last tab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.