Brand new computer with virus? Samsung NC10 with A0001829.exe TR/Trash.Gen

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by diva317, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diva317

diva317 Registered Member

I replaced my old Samsung NC10 at my local shop and they gave me a fresh laptop. I haven't downloaded anything other than antiviruses/antitrojans etc. Malwarebytes found partner.dll which apparently is just spyware. I removed that. Superantispyware found some tracking cookies. However, Avira found A0001829.exe which is TR/Trash.gen . I looked it up and its quite a harmful trojan apparently?!

Is it possible that Samsung install this onto their laptops? Or do you think somebody bought the laptop and then put a trojan on and then returned it?

I have been targetted by a mafia-esque organisation due to the nature of work I do on my computer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Argos i went to was expecting me and gave me a "fixed" laptop.

Trojans I had before weren't picked up by any antitrojans/antiviruses/stopped by any firewall. Furthermore it wasn't removed by a BIOS flash or a zero-fill hdd wipe. Apparently they are PCI based rootkits. Anyway, what do you suggest I do? Is it wise to even use this computer without fully formatting it, if it had this trojan on there?

Here is the AVIRA log..

View attachment log.txt

Note that it was found in the System Restore directory. Does that make it a threat at all? Does it mean that somebody did infact use this computer before I did?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello diva317,

See this post.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

In addition, you might contact your antivirus vendor for suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.