blocking cookies list missing from privacy tab

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by PhilipCataldo, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilipCataldo

PhilipCataldo Registered Member

I have recently updated to version 3.3 of spywareblaster. I went into my CP>Internet Options>Privacy tab and looked at the list of cookies to block. The list is gone. There was a downloaded list that I think came from SpywareBlaster plus I had manually added some cookie sites that I wanted blocked and all but two of the sites are gone. Could this have happened from downloading SpywareBlaster 3.3?

I am on a XP home system with 5 users. The two active users have both had the list of cookies to block deleted. the 3 inactive users still have the list of cookies to block in there privacy tab. When I look at the list in their privacy tab it matches the list of cookies to block in the SpywareBlaster 3.3 list of internet options block list.

So can you tell me if the original list of cookies to block came from SpywareBlaster or have I confused it with another program? Can you tell me why the list isn't in the privacy tab area any longer? Is this a glitch in 3.3?

Thank you

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Phillip,

Are you also using Spybot ?
    Also....the two sites that are remaining.....are they by chance gator.com and lop.com ?

If yes to the above questions....take a peek at the below thread.

This thread---> Spyware Blaster & Spybot S&D - Not doing its job?

3. PhilipCataldo

PhilipCataldo Registered Member

Yes and Yes.

Thanks for the help I will try the fix suggested.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your Welcome....and Please let us know how it goes. I'm sure the developer is hard at work in the lab fixing it....but....it is going on 3 weeks now and a fix sure would alleviate the disruption of more registries :(

Regards,
    Bubba

5. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

Latest Spybot update (19 March) fixes this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.