Spyware Blaster & Spybot S&D - Not doing its job?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Norman., Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman.

Norman. Registered Member

After I reformatted and installed Service Pack 2, I downloaded the typical antispyware tools I need to keep my Personal Computer Clean. The 2/3 products that I downloaded is Spywareblaster and Spybot S&D 1.3. After I installed the two products, I did my regular surf the web. But I noticed I had suspecious active X installations. So I checked to scan my Personal Computer thus results in a JavaApplet called "AppletInstaller.class." - Trojan or a virus (usually trojan infection with the .class). By the way, I used Mozilla Firefox (1.0.1) at the time when I get the infection. So I checked Microsoft Internet Explorer (SP2 Updated) and found that the only two blocked sites were ".gator.com and .lop.com." But, before I reformatted, BEFORE I installed SP2 I seen a list of blocked sites as shown in your program. Before I reformatted, the version was 3.2. But, in Mozilla Firefox option, is there any way I can what are the blocked sites? So I want to see if Spywareblaster is intergrating the blocked sites in the program to both browsers. As well as SpyBot S&D, it does not intergrated with both browsers?

Your program is great, but is this a bug with version 3.3? Or is this SP2 bug that you guys need to fix?

Thanks.

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I seem to have the same problem, having installed SpywareBlaster 3.3 the list of cookies (which are enabled with ticks in the IE Protection 'block list') fail to appear in the Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Sites section of IE - except for just two of them.

What is going on here?

Attached Files:

• cook.jpg
      cook.jpg
      File size:
      47.8 KB
      Views:
  3. Norman.

Yes, that is the same screen I see in my internet browser.
    Updated: I checked Mozilla Firefox block list and the list is shown, but not for Internet Explorer.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related, but are you using Spybot S & D's "Immunize" feature?

I believe there was a goof-up in one of their more recent database updates (it may be the most recent one) that caused some issues with immunizing.

I'll try to find a link, but I believe there was mention of it over on their official forums (net-integration.net)

EDIT: See this thread for Spybot S & D: Defect In Immunization. Reported, 3Mar2005 Spybot updates

EDIT[2]: Actually, it looks like other people are seeing the same issue you are, so it does appear to be related to Spybot S & D - there's a potential fix mentioned in that thread, although I haven't tested it yet.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Norman.

Thanks, but does your program list all the blocked sites as shown by TopperID?

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I Immunized with Spybot as a test....and indeed this is a Spybot issue :eek:

By following the instructions in the below post of the thread that Javacool linked to....the defect // and travelocity entries were removed properly and Spywareblaster entries....or any user entered entries....are now displayed properly.

Fix is in this post---> Defect In Immunization. Reported, 3Mar2005 Spybot updates

7. Norman.

Thank you for the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.