Baidu antivirus test and review

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tns, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tns

tns Registered Member

Hi,

I want to try baidu antivirus and I want to know the protection level and performance when compared to other free antivirus , online reviews gives in favour of bit defender but I want to know the actual user review.
    can anybody help

2. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Hi tns,
    A lot of users here regard Baidu as not recommended, a PUP, installing malware etc etc.
    However, I used an older version for about 18 months, found it quite light and unobtrusive, and without any problems at all. But it never caught anything, viruses/malware - because I never got any !
    I now don't run a real time anti virus.
    I believe you have seen the ongoing thread for Baidu AV, and if you read some of the posts you should get a feel of how it performs and what people think about it.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/baidu-antivirus-2013.342629/page-38

PS, you need to be careful about how you ask questions here comparing one AV with others as it's against Forum rules and the Mods will close the thread.

3. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Baidu AV is quiet good in my tests compared to other Chinese and asian Avs. Also the new version has some excellent tools like system repair, ad-blocker, sandbox, network firewall, rogue / badware detctor, a security browser and home page security locker, etc.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.