Backing up True Image files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KHashmi316, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHashmi316

KHashmi316 Registered Member

Sorry if this query is a repeat.

The hard drive on which Acronis True Image (9.0) was installed crashed (i.e., C-drive; same drive on which OS is installed, of course). On this PC, I have two separate drives, each of which has its own OS (XP PRO). And both had Acronis TE (9.0) installed, too. Problem is: the 2nd drive/OS I'm forced to use now has month-old versions of True Image Active Tasks.

I use True Image to back up every day and frequently make changes to the the Active Tasks. It will take me a LONG TIME to figure out the difference between the month-separated versions of Active Tasks (i.e. changes to Source Files Selection).

The "good" news is, I can access the crashed drive to some extent. If the Active Tasks are kept in, say, Program Files\TrueImageHome, I may be able to install those files onto the uncrashed drive's Program Files\TrueImageHome directory. Is this possibile?

Also, I would like to know which (and how to) back up True Image files *themselves* for various Active Tasks one has created/scheduled. Is there a "default" way of doing this?

Thx

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Copy them to another drive.

3. KHashmi316

Copy WHICH files?

4. KHashmi316

I need to have a solution to this issue rather quickly. Can someone from the Acronis Support Staff step in to help? (Much appreciated!)

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

If you're talking about the scripts for the scheduled tasks, try here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

6. KHashmi316

Thank you!

Swapping the files didn't work (caused "Invalid script error") -- perhaps there is some other cross-checking routine that TI runs to validate *these* files??

Acronis Support: is there a work-around solution? Can one smoothly backup True Image Active Tasks? If not, I would *really* appreciate this feature to be offered in a future TI update.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello KHashmi316,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this thread it should answer your questions.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.