Export Schudle Information

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jachin84, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jachin84

jachin84 Registered Member

Hi,
    I am wondering if there is a way to export/import schudule information for TI9.1?

We are deploying TI via an msi package to our remote parks and would like to automate the process of creating a couple of schedules. I found the .tis files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts but when you copy these to different machines the schedule information doesn't seem to follow.

I have also notice that trueimage writes to HKLM\Software\Acronis\Scheduler\_000000000005_15_3EB926AA_A275907F_13F60CBC_1F4\ but this key does not seem to appear in regedit.

Any ides?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jachin84,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that when you create scheduled task on the computer the script file which runs this task contains the information about partitions (where the files/folders you would like to back up reside or which disk/partition you would like to back up) of the hard drives on this computer (which is specific for this system). Therefore, when you copy scripts from one computer to another this information does not coincide with the partition information on another computer. That is why the scheduled task will not run, Acronis True Image 9.0 Home simply will not be able to find what it should back up or where.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. jachin84

jachin84 Registered Member

I am using Trueimage 9.1 Workstation and I am using the script files that trueimage generates on computers with exactly the same software and hardware.

Is there no way to export and import scheduled backups??

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jachin84,

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that besides of the task scripts themselves ('.tib.tis' files located in '\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts' folder) there also some information stored in Windows registry, e.g. information about tasks execution date and time (see this previous post of mine for details). There is also some information concerning the current Windows installation and user account used to schedule this particular task stored in the respective task script. We therefore do not recommend transferring the task scripts from one computer to another, though they have an identical hardware configuration, as they might not work properly when placed to a new computer. If you installed Acronis True Image to a new computer we recommend that you re-create scheduled tasks anew.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.