avast

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi..all i came across the site avast ant v,,, its looks quite good?.. how would u compare it to pc cillian 2004o_O? also kaspersky i was looking at too?... Avast is free though!!! do both kaspersky and avast catch active x type trojans.. occasinally my pc cilian caught trojans just browsing certain sites thanks maddawgz :)

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you will search through the other antivirus software forum you will find avast compaired to almost every antivirus out there. This has been discussed a lot. It has been a well used av. check here or here or here these will give you a little information

bigc

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Maddawaz,
    There is a big and growing number of security savy users who swear by AVAST AV. I can share this with you. At Rejzor suggestion I went to security_ops link and used AVAST External Control to clean up uninstalled Norton AV 2004, it seemed to do the job. I have looked through BigC advice links and also recall some of those chats too. Looks like you have had experience with PC Cillian I have often wonder how good that is, I almost got it until BigC pointed me to Command AV and it seemed to suit my needs better, but I add quickly that was just my situation. I needed to be light on resources for that machine. Good Luck hope we helped. ;)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  4. bigc73542

mercurie I hope you are still happy with it. :)

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Oh yes, BigC very happy thank you. :D

6. bigc73542

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I'm glad it has worked well for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.